BMW Australia is introducing a new six-cylinder petrol-powered version of its X7 SUV, set to launch locally in the fourth quarter of 2023.
The BMW X7 xDrive40i is priced from $167,900 before on-road costs and now acts as the entry-level variant in the local range.
Although the new X7 xDrive40i is $1000 more expensive than BMW Australia launch pricing for the equivalent six-cylinder diesel X7 xDrive40d at late last year, the company recently hiked its pricing.
The BMW X7 range is currently priced as follows:
- X7 xDrive40i: $167,900 (NEW)
- X7 xDrive40d: $174,900
- X7 M60i: $205,900
All prices are before on-road costs
This powertrain produces 280kW of power and 520Nm of torque (540Nm with 48V mild-hybrid assistance).
The 48V mild-hybrid system in the X7 xDrive40i comprises a crankshaft-mounted starter generator that’s integrated into the eight-speed automatic transmission housing.
The generator is used to turn the engine on and recuperates energy during coasting and braking. The accompanying 48V battery pack powers the generators, stores recuperated energy and also powers the on-board electronics.
BMW claims the X7 xDrive40i can do the 0-100km/h sprint in 5.8 seconds. This is 0.1 seconds quicker than the X7 xDrive40d.
The company says claims the X7 xDrive40i has a WLTP fuel consumption of between 9.6 and 10.6 litres per 100km.
The BMW X7 xDrive40i mirrors the X7 xDrive40d in terms of specification. Highlights include the following:
- 22-inch alloy wheels
- Iconic Glow illuminated kidney grille
- Panoramic glass roof
- Metallic paint
- Automatic split tailgate with hands-free function
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 14.9-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Head-up display
- 16-speaker Harman Kardon sound system
- Connected Package Professional
- BMW Drive Recorder
- Five-zone climate control
- Alarm system
- Electric sun-blinds
- Anthracite Alcantara headliner
- BMW Individual leather merino upholstery
- Comfort seats
- Driving Assistant Professional
- Tyre pressure monitoring
Like the X7 xDrive40d, the X7 xDrive40i is available in either the M Sport or Design Pure Excellence styling packages. Neither adds any additional cost.
The M Sport package adds the following:
- M front and rear bumper designs
- M high-gloss black roof rails, window trims and lower body accents
- M Sport brakes with blue-painted calipers
- 22-inch M light alloy wheels
- M Sport leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Fine wood trim
- Fineline Black interior finisher with high-gloss metal effect
- M-specific pedals
- Access to M-specific exterior paint colours
The Design Pure Excellence packaging adds:
- Satin roof rails and window trims
- Pearl Chrome exterior trim highlights
- Silver underbody guard
- 22-inch grey light alloy wheels
- Sports leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Fine wood trim
- Fineline Stripe interior finisher with high-gloss brown
The BMW X7 xDrive40i is also available in a wide range of optional packages.
The $9800 Connoisseur Suite adds:
- CraftedClarity applications
- Skylounge panoramic glass sunroof
- Privacy glass
- Gesture control
- Ambient air
- Ventilated front seats
- Massage front seats
- Heated outboard second-row seats
- Heated third-row seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated front armrests
- Temperate cup holders
- Remote engine start
The $3200 M Sport Pro pack adds:
- High-gloss black BMW kidney grille
- M exhaust system
- M Sport brakes, high-gloss blake
- M seat belts
There are also a range of singular options including the following:
- Six-seat configuration: $3000 ($1500 w/ Connoisseur Suite)
- Front M Multifunction seats: $3000
- 20-speaker Bowers and Wilkins sound system: $8500
Prospective owners can also option a range of different alloy wheels, upholstery colours, and trim options.
The BMW X7 xDrive40i is available with the following exterior paint colours:
- Alpine White
- Mineral White
- Black Sapphire
- Sparkling Copper Grey
- Skyscraper Grey
- M Carbon Black
- M Brooklyn Grey
- BMW Individual Tanzanite Blue
- BMW Individual Dravit Grey
- BMW Individual Ametrine
- BMW Individual Frozen Pure Grey
Metallic paint is included as standard, though BMW Individual paint cost an additional $2400. BMW Individual Frozen Pure Grey costs an extra $5000.
In addition to these exterior paint colours, the BMW X7 is currently available in 55 bespoke colours that are available through the BMW Individual special ordering programme.
MORE: Everything BMW X7