The XV and now Crosstrek may have overtaken it in the sales race, but the Subaru Impreza is ready for another round.
A new generation of Subaru’s small car – available exclusively as a hatch this time around – is now available to order ahead of deliveries commencing this December.
It’s priced from $31,490 before on-road costs, up $4000 on the cost of entry for the outgoing model.
However, this is partially offset by the addition of more standard safety equipment in the base 2.0L, including blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert and reverse autonomous emergency braking.
At the other end of the line-up, the 2.0S is $5200 more expensive than the outgoing 2.0i-S but now features a 10-speaker Harman Kardon sound system.
The safety equipment list includes the latest generation of Subaru’s EyeSight Driver Assist System, with an improved stereo camera and a new wide-angle monocular camera. This sees the addition of features like speed sign recognition and lane-centring, while the Impreza also gains two additional airbags.
Suspension consists of MacPherson struts up front and a double wishbone setup at the rear.
Subaru has also revised the seating mounting to minimise seat movement and enhance ride smoothness.
All models in Australia use a naturally aspirated 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine with 115kW of power and 196Nm of torque. These outputs are unchanged from the outgoing model.
Subaru Australia has confirmed it’s evaluating the hybrid offered in the Japanese market.
- 2024 Subaru Impreza 2.0L: $31,490
- 2024 Subaru Impreza 2.0R: $34,990
- 2024 Subaru Impreza 2.0S: $37,990
All prices exclude on-road costs.
All 2024 Subaru Impreza models are powered by a naturally aspirated 2.0-litre four-cylinder Boxer petrol engine producing 115kW of power at 6000rpm and 196Nm of torque at 4000rpm.
It’s mated with a continuously variable transmission (CVT), featuring eight simulated shift points, and all-wheel drive.
The 2024 Subaru Impreza uses 7.5L/100km on the combined cycle. It has a 50L fuel tank, and runs on 91RON regular unleaded fuel.
Automatic stop/start is standard.
The 2024 Subaru Impreza measures 4490mm long, 1780mm wide and 1480mm tall on a 2670mm wheelbase.
It has 291L of luggage space, expanding to 883L with the rear seats folded.
Kerb weight ranges from 1456kg to 1498kg.
Subaru backs the Impreza with a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
It also offers five years or 75,000 kilometres of capped-price servicing, with intervals of 12 months or 15,000km.
The first five services are capped at $346.25, $473.47, $420.60, $771.74 and $361.13, respectively.
The new Subaru Impreza has yet to be tested by ANCAP or Euro NCAP.
Standard safety equipment on all Impreza models includes:
- Nine airbags, including a far side airbag
- Driver monitoring system, including facial recognition and drowsiness warning
- EyeSight Driver Assist
- Adaptive cruise control
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Autonomous emergency steering
- Emergency lane-keep assist
- Lane-keep assist
- Leading vehicle departure alert
- Intelligent speed limiter
- Speed sign recognition
- Subaru Vision Assist
- Blind-spot monitoring
- EyeSight Assist Monitor
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Reverse autonomous emergency braking
- Rear parking sensors
- Front side radar
The 2.0R adds:
- Automatic high-beam
- Surround-view camera with front and side views
The Impreza 2.0L comes standard with the following equipment:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Space-saver spare
- Rear privacy glass
- Automatic LED headlights
- Power-folding exterior mirrors
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Black tricot cloth upholstery
- Keyless entry and start
- Dual-zone climate control
- Paddle shifters
- 11.6-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- DAB+ digital radio
- Wireless phone charger
- 4.2-inch instrument cluster screen
- 1 x 12V outlet
- Front USB-A (x1) and USB-C (x1) charging ports
- Six-speaker sound system
The 2.0R adds:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Steering-responsive headlights
- Front cornering lights
- Front LED fog lights
- Heated exterior mirrors
- ‘Premium’ cloth upholstery
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter
- Aluminium pedals
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Heated front seats
- Eight-way power driver’s seat with lumbar support
- Rear USB-A (x1) and USB-C (x1) charging ports
The 2.0S adds:
- Power sunroof
- Leather-accented upholstery
- Satellite navigation
- 10-speaker Harman Kardon sound system
All 2024 Impreza variants are available in the following colours:
- Oasis Blue
- Pure Red
- Crystal Black Silica
- Sapphire Blue Pearl
- Magnetite Grey Metallic
- Ice Silver Metallic
- Crystal White Pearl
Only a black interior is available.