Deliveries of the hotted-up Nissan Z Nismo will begin later this year, with an initial allocation for Australia of just 100 vehicles.
The Z Nismo is priced at $94,000 before on-road costs, almost $20,000 more than a standard Z.
Nissan is managing demand by first reaching out to customers already awaiting delivery of a Z or Z Proto and giving them the opportunity to transfer their order to a Z Nismo.
At 11am AEST on Thursday, August 10, Nissan will open the reservation portal on its customer website, allowing customers who get in quickly enough to nominate a dealership and place a $1000 reservation fee.
Nissan stresses paying this reservation fee doesn’t guarantee purchase of a vehicle, and the fee is fully refundable prior to signing a contract.
While the reservation system is ‘first in, best dressed’, Nissan is limiting reservations to one per customer and says third-party resellers won’t be eligible.
In addition to the new flagship Nismo, Nissan has also made some tweaks to the standard Z.
Its price has been increased by $2500 to $75,800 before on-road costs, while a new blue interior joins the existing black and black/red colourways and New Site Orange joins the exterior colour palette, replacing Passion Red.
There are no mechanical changes to the standard Z, which packs a twin-turbocharged 3.0-litre V6 engine with 298kW of power and 475Nm of torque.
The Z Nismo upgrades to a 309kW/520Nm tune, and comes only with an ‘enhanced’ nine-speed automatic transmission.
Nissan claims to have achieved the higher outputs by improving cooling, revising the electronic wastegate control which provides increased turbocharger boost and turbine speed, as well as incorporating GT-R Nismo-inspired independent ignition spark timing.
Other highlight features include an enhanced oil cooler for extended track performance, launch control, as well as a new Sport+ drive mode.
The Z Nismo has a revised suspension setup with unique stabiliser bars, a stiffer spring rate and larger retuned dampers.
Its chassis has also received additional bracing at the front and rear, as well as the rear underfloor, which helps increase torsional rigidity by 2.5 per cent compared to the regular model.
There are also stiffer front and rear suspension bushings, and a stiffer mounting bushing for the steering rack.
- 2024 Nissan Z: $75,800
- 2024 Nissan Z Nismo: $94,000
All prices exclude on-road costs.
All 2024 Nissan Zs use a twin-turbocharged 3.0-litre V6 engine and rear-wheel drive.
The standard Z pumps out 298kW of power and 475Nm of torque, and is mated with either a six-speed manual transmission or a nine-speed automatic transmission for the same price.
The Z Nismo is offered exclusively with an upgraded version of the nine-speed auto, and pumps out 309kW and 520Nm.
The 2024 Nissan Z uses 10.8L/100km on the combined cycle with the six-speed manual and 9.8L/100km with the nine-speed auto.
Z Nismo consumption figures aren’t yet available.
The standard 2024 Nissan Z measures 4380mm long, 1845mm wide (excluding mirrors) and 1315mm tall on a 2550mm wheelbase.
The Nissan Z is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
MY24 service pricing isn’t yet available, but MY23 Zs are available with a choice of three-, four- and five-year pre-paid plans. These cost $1206, $1897 and $2247 with the manual transmission and $1206, $1913 and $2264 with the auto.
The Nissan Z hasn’t been tested by ANCAP or Euro NCAP.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection
- Adaptive cruise control
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane departure warning
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Driver attention alert
- Traffic sign recognition
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Reversing camera
The Z comes standard with the following equipment:
- Mechanical limited-slip differential
- Launch control
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Automatic LED headlights
- Automatic high-beam
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- 1 x USB-A outlet
- 1 x USB-C outlet
- Eight-speaker Bose sound system
- Heated seats
- Four-way power-adjustable front seats
- Leather-accented upholstery
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel adjustment
- Active Noise Control
- Active Sound Enhancement
The Nismo adds:
- Nismo exterior and interior styling enhancements
- Larger front brake rotors (+25mm)
- Gloss black Rays 19-inch wheels
- Dunlop SP Sport Maxx GT600 tyres
- Enhanced engine cooling
- Sport+ drive mode
- Nismo-tuned Launch Control
- Nismo-tuned Active Sound Control
- Nismo-branded leather and Alcantara Recaro seats (without heating or power adjustment)
- Leather and Alcantara-wrapped steering wheel
The standard Z is available in the following exterior finishes:
- New Site Orange (NEW)
- Rosewood Metallic
- Black Diamond Metallic
- Gun Metallic
- Seiran Blue with Super Black roof
- Ikazuchi Yellow with Super Black roof
- Everest White Tri Coat with Super Black roof
- Brilliant Silver with Super Black roof
- Boulder Grey with Super Black roof
The Z Nismo is available in the following exterior finishes:
- Black Diamond
- Brilliant Silver with Super Black roof
- Everest White with Super Black roof
- Stealth Grey with Black roof
MORE: Everything Nissan Z