After multiple delays, the Nissan Qashqai e-Power hybrid is coming to Australia.
Along its way to showrooms, it has lost its ST-L variant and will instead be offered exclusively in flagship Ti guise, priced from $51,590 before on-road costs – $4200 more than the petrol Qashqai Ti.
It’s available to order online from November 2 ahead of deliveries commencing in the first quarter of 2024.
The rest of the petrol-powered Qashqai range is unchanged for 2024, and will offer the same prices as when it was launched here late last year.
“Based on initial feedback from customers and dealers, we’ve seen incredibly strong demand for the Qashqai Ti e-Power,” said a Nissan Australia spokesperson.
“This is similar to X-Trail where the strongest demand initially has been the top spec X-Trail Ti-L e-Power. As such, we’ve taken the decision to focus on Qashqai Ti e-Power at launch. We will continue to review the market and if there is demand for other variants then we will look to introduce these.”
- 2024 Nissan Qashqai ST: $33,890
- 2024 Nissan Qashqai ST+: $37,890
- 2024 Nissan Qashqai ST-L: $42,190
- 2024 Nissan Qashqai Ti: $47,390
- 2024 Nissan Qashqai Ti e-Power: $51,590
All prices exclude on-road costs.
Most 2024 Nissan Qashqai models use a 1.3-litre turbocharged petrol four-cylinder engine with variable compression technology, making 110kW of power (5500rpm) and 250Nm of torque (1600-3750rpm).
It’s mated with a continuously variable transmission (CVT).
The e-Power uses a 140kW/330Nm front-mounted electric motor, fed by a 2.3kWh lithium-ion battery pack. A 116kW turbocharged 1.5-litre three-cylinder engine serves as an on-board generator, and has no connection to the wheels, giving the e-Power a more EV-like feel.
All Qashqai models are front-wheel drive.
The 2024 Nissan Qashqai uses 6.1 litres per 100km on the combined cycle, and features a 55L tank that needs to be filled up with 95 RON premium unleaded fuel.
Local fuel economy figures aren’t available yet for the e-Power, but European models are quoted to use 5.3L/100km on the WLTP cycle.
The new Qashqai measures 4425mm long, 1835mm wide (excluding the mirrors), 1625mm tall, and uses a 2665mm wheelbase.
Boot capacity in the petrol model is rated as 429 litres (418L for the Ti due to its sound system) with five seats in use, expanding to 1524-1513L with the back seats folded.
The Nissan Qashqai is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Servicing is required every 12 months or 15,000km. While e-Power service pricing isn’t yet available, petrol-powered models’ first six services are capped at $375, $694, $398, $1027, $422 and $1108, respectively.
The Nissan Qashqai has a five-star ANCAP rating, based on testing conducted in 2021.
It scored 91 per cent for adult occupant protection, 93 per cent for child occupant protection, 74 per cent for vulnerable road user protection, and 97 per cent for safety assist.
Standard equipment on all grades includes:
- Seven airbags: front, front-side, curtain, and front-centre
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Junction assist
- Pedestrian detection
- Cyclist detection
- Reverse AEB with rear cross-traffic alert
- Lane-keep assist
- Blind-spot assist
- Traffic sign recognition
- Adaptive cruise control with speed limiter
- Tyre-pressure monitoring
- Reversing camera
- Rear parking sensors
The ST+ adds a surround-view camera, while the ST-L adds:
- Front parking sensors
- ProPILOT lane-centring aid
- Alarm system
- Intelligent Park Assist with side parking sensors
- Automatic LED headlights
- Automatic high-beam
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Temporary spare wheel
- One-touch power windows with remote operation
- Proximity entry and push-button start
- Power-folding, heated side mirrors with LED indicators
- Urethane steering wheel with rake and reach adjustment
- Electronic park brake with auto hold
- 7.0-inch TFT trip computer
- Manual air-con controls with rear vents
- 8.0-inch touchscreen display
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- AM/FM and DAB+
- Inbuilt voice controls
- Front and rear USB-A and USB-C ports
- Six-speaker sound system
- Driver’s seat lumbar adjust
- Charcoal cloth seats
Qashqai ST+ adds:
- Rain-sensing wipers
- LED front fog lights
- 18-inch wheels
- 12.3-inch touchscreen display
- Satellite navigation with live traffic
- Wireless Apple CarPlay
Qashqai ST-L adds:
- 19-inch wheels
- Rear privacy glass
- Roof rails
- Adaptive, auto-levelling headlights (12 individual segments per light)
- Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Wireless phone charger
- Dual-zone climate control
- Fold-down rear-centre armrest with cupholders
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Cloth/PVC leather upholstery
- Eight-way power driver’s seat
- Heated front seats
- Ambient lighting (centre console)
Qashqai Ti adds:
- Hands-free power tailgate
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- Auto-tilting exterior side mirrors when reversing
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 10.8-inch head-up display
- Intelligent key with driver memory for seat, mirrors, audio
- 10-speaker Bose sound system with subwoofer and digital amp
- Power front seats with three massage modes
- Quilted leather upholstery
- Black roof headlining
Qashqai Ti e-Power adds:
- Active Noise Cancellation
- ‘Premium’ front grille
- Alert sound for pedestrians
- Gun Metallic
- Ceramic Grey
- Fuji Sunset Red
- Ivory Pearl
- Magnetic Blue
- Pearl Black
ST+ grades and above can be optioned with two-tone designs, namely:
- Ivory Pearl with Pearl Black Roof
- Pearl Black with Gun Metallic Roof
- Fuji Sunset Red with Pearl Black Roof
- Two-tone Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof
- Magnetic Blue with Pearl Black Roof