The flagship Genesis GV80 SUV now has an entry price beyond $100,000.
The South Korean luxury carmaker has axed the GV80 variants with the 2.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine locally. A Genesis Australia spokesperson said rear- and all-wheel drive variants with this engine accounted for 25 per cent of GV80 sales.
The Genesis GV80 is still available with a choice of 3.5-litre V6 turbo-petrol and 3.0-litre inline-six turbo-diesel engines. The latter was recently reported to be getting the axe globally, however.
The remaining GV80 line-up has also received a $2030 price rise, which Genesis Australia says is due to “increased manufacturing and transport costs”.
The 2024 Genesis GV80 range now starts at $105,700 before on-roads with the 3.0-litre inline-six turbo-diesel engine, and $110,200 before on-roads with the 3.5-litre turbocharged V6 petrol engine.
Any GV80 order placed from September 1 onwards will be at this new price. All existing customer orders are secured at pre-update pricing, even if delivery is after September 1.
Beyond this, Genesis Australia has confirmed there haven’t been any specification changes for the GV80.
Until the end of July, Genesis has sold a total of 208 GV80s. It has been outsold by the Audi Q7 (1043 sales), BMW X5 (2105 sales), Land Rover Defender (1956 sales), Mercedes-Benz GLE wagon (1726 sales), and Volvo XC90 (793 sales).
The GV80 range is set to expand soon with a coupe SUV variant, previewed by the GV80 Coupe Concept. Overseas reports also indicate that, along with the demise of the diesel, the GV80 range will gain a new flagship mild-hybrid twin-turbo petrol V6.
- 2024 Genesis GV80 3.0D AWD: $105,700 (+$2030)
- 2024 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD: $110,200 (+$2030)
All prices are before on-road costs.
The 2024 Genesis GV80 is now only available with two engines.
The 3.0-litre inline-six turbo-diesel produces 204kW of power and 588Nm of torque, whereas the 3.5-litre turbocharged V6 petrol produces 279kW and 530Nm.
Both engines are mated with an eight-speed automatic transmission with drive sent through an all-wheel drive system.
Genesis quotes 0-100km/h times of 6.8 seconds for the 3.0D and 5.5 seconds for the 3.5T.
The 2024 Genesis GV80 consumes a claimed combined 8.8L/100km with the 3.0D, and 11.7L/100km with the 3.5T.
The GV80 3.5T requires a minimum of 95 RON premium unleaded petrol, with the entire range having an 80-litre fuel tank.
The 2024 Genesis GV80 measures in at 4945mm long, 1715mm tall, and 1975mm wide excluding the side mirrors, with a 2955mm wheelbase.
Total luggage space is 727 litres, expanding to 2144 litres with the rear seats folded. All models have a tyre repair kit.
The 2024 Genesis GV80 has a complimentary scheduled servicing for the first five year or 50,000km (75,000km for the diesel). This is in addition to the company’s five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Genesis buyers also receive 10 years of free 24/7 roadside assistance. There’s also a valet service, where an employee will come pick up your vehicle for servicing and leave you with another Genesis provided you live within 70km driving distance of a Genesis Studio.
The Genesis GV80 has a five-star ANCAP safety rating based on testing conducted in 2021.
It scored 91 per cent for adult occupant protection, 88 per cent for child occupant protection, 66 per cent for vulnerable road user protection and 79 per cent for safety assist.
The 2024 Genesis GV80 range comes standard with the following safety equipment:
- 10 airbags
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Pedestrian detection
- Cyclist detection
- Junction assist
- Blind-spot assist
- Blind-Spot View Monitor
- Safe exit assist
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane-following assist
- Driver attention warning
- Adaptive cruise control with stop & go
- Surround-view camera
Models equipped with the Luxury Pack add reverse parking collision avoidance.
The 2024 Genesis GV80 comes standard with the following features:
- 22-inch alloy wheels
- Adaptive suspension
- Automatic LED headlights
- Adaptive high-beam
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- Power tailgate
- 14.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- DAB+ digital radio
- Satellite navigation
- 12.0-inch head-up display
- 21-speaker Lexicon premium sound system
- Wireless phone charger
- Dual-zone climate control
- Adjustable interior ambient lighting
- Keyless entry and start
- Power tilt and telescoping steering wheel
- Leather dash, console and door trim
- Open-pore real wood trim
- Leather upholstery
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- 12-way power front seats with four-way adjustable lumbar
The $10,500 Luxury Package, available on all models, adds:
- Reverse parking collision avoidance
- Smart Parking Assist
- Remote Smart Parking Assist
- Nappa quilted leather upholstery
- Suede headliner
- LED matrix headlights
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Active noise control
- Remote parking assist
- Tri-zone climate control
- Soft-close doors
- 18-way power front seats with massaging
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated and ventilated second-row seats
- Power-adjustable second-row seats
- Power-adjustable third-row seats
The $13,500 6-seat Luxury Package includes all of the above, plus:
- Second-row bucket seats
- Dual 9.2-inch second-row touchscreens
- Dual 3.5mm headphone jacks and USB video/audio input
- Rear wireless phone charger
- Fixed second-row console with controls and storage
The following gloss finishes are available:
- Uyuni White
- Savile Silver
- Makalu Grey
- Vik Black
- Cardiff Green
- Capri Blue
- Barossa Burgundy
The matte finishes comprise:
- Matterhorn White
- Makalu Grey
- Brunswick Green
Matte paint is a $2000 option and can only be selected in conjunction with the Luxury Package.
There are five interior colourways available, each with a choice of open pore wood trims:
- Obsidian Black, with Black Ash or Metallic Ash
- Vanilla Beige, with Black Ash or Metallic Ash
- Urban Brown, with Olive Ash or Birch
- Dune Beige, with Black Ash or Olive Ash
- Smoky Green, with Black Ash or Olive Ash
MORE: Everything Genesis GV80