The in-demand Mercedes-AMG G63 luxury off-roader has received another price increase, this time for the 2023 model year.
Pricing now starts at $365,091 before on-road costs for the V8 twin-turbo G63, which is slightly more than $50,000 compared to the 2022 model.
This new pricing also makes the current-generation AMG G63 a whopping $117,391 more expensive than when it first arrived back in 2018.
“Although I’m unable to give specific details about how vehicle pricing is determined, I can confirm that due to the level of demand globally it has been necessary to increase the vehicle price of the Mercedes-AMG G63 to ensure its ongoing availability in the Australian market,” said a Mercedes-Benz spokesperson in a statement.
To compensate for the higher asking price, Mercedes-Benz has added a new AMG Performance steering wheel in carbon fibre and microfibre, with additional AMG controls.
There’s also a new range of ‘G manufaktur’ personalisation options for customers to choose from.
It’s worth noting orders for the G-Wagen have now been closed since the middle of 2021, as Mercedes-Benz clears its backlog of existing orders. At this stage it’s unclear when Mercedes-Benz plans to reopen G-Wagen orders.
The Mercedes-Benz spokesperson confirmed existing order holders will have the asking price when they ordered their car protected when the current pricing comes into force.
In addition, Mercedes-Benz confirmed orders will only reopen for the flagship AMG G63 model. This means the turbo-diesel G400d is being axed, and there’s only existing dealer stock remaining. The G400d only arrived locally in July 2021.
In June 2022, Mercedes-Benz Australia delivered 161 examples of the G to customers, which is the most ever in a month.
That’s around 10 per cent of the total lifetime sales of the second-generation G-Class, which has found around 1600 owners since 2018.
Looking to the future, Mercedes-Benz revealed the “near-production”, electric Concept EQG in September 2021, with evolutionary looks and the promise of enough off-road ability to match its iconic predecessors.
- 2023 Mercedes-AMG G63: $365,091 (+$50,194)
Pricing excludes on-road costs.
The 2023 Mercedes-AMG G63 is powered by a 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged petrol V8 engine producing 430kW of power and 850Nm of torque.
It’s mated with a nine-speed automatic transmission, with drive sent to all four wheels. Mercedes-AMG claims the G63 can do the 0-100km/h sprint in 4.5 seconds.
The 2023 Mercedes-AMG G63 uses 13.1L/100km and requires 98 RON premium unleaded fuel.
It has a 100L fuel tank with a 12L reserve tank, and an idle stop-start system.
The 2023 Mercedes-AMG G63 measures in at 4873mm long, 2013mm wide, and 1966mm tall with a 2890mm wheelbase.
Boot capacity is 454L according to VDA standards and its payload is 640kg.
Braked towing capacity for the AMG G63 is 3500kg, with unbraked at 750kg.
The 2023 Mercedes-AMG G63 is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Servicing is required every 12 months or 20,000km, whichever comes first.
Mercedes-Benz offers three-, four-, and five-year service plans which are priced at $2950, $5150, and $5800, respectively.
The 2023 Mercedes-AMG G63 has a five-star ANCAP safety rating based on testing conducted in 2019.
It received 90 per cent for adult occupant protection, 85 per cent for child occupant protection, 78 per cent for vulnerable road user protection and 73 per cent for safety assist.
The AMG G63 comes standard with the following safety equipment:
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane-keeping assist
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Driver attention monitoring
- Traffic sign recognition
- Adaptive cruise control
- Surround-view camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
- Tyre pressure monitoring
The 2023 Mercedes-AMG G63 comes standard with the following features:
- 21-inch alloy wheels
- AMG exterior package, including flared wheel arches, front apron and red brake calipers
- AMG selectable exhaust system
- AMG Ride Control
- Three differential locks
- Single-pane sunroof
- Adaptive matrix LED headlights
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 12.3-inch infotainment system
- Satellite navigation
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- DAB+ digital radio
- Digital TV tuner
- 15-speaker Burmester surround-sound system
- Tri-zone climate control
- AMG Performance steering wheel in carbon fibre and microfibre with additional AMG controls (NEW)
- Power adjustable, heated front seats
- Heated outboard rear seats
- Nappa leather upholstery and door panels
- Leather-wrapped dashboard
- Dinamica microfibre headliner
The $12,900 Exclusive Interior Plus package adds the following:
- Active multi-contour front seats
- Ventilated front seats
- Massaging front seats
- Leather-trimmed centre console
- Metallic-finish air vents
- Floor mats
The $8500 Night package adds:
- Darkened headlights and indicators
- Darkened tail lights
- Obsidian Black grille
- Obsidian Black side mirrors
- Obsidian Black spare wheel cover
- 22-inch forged alloy wheels
The $3700 G manufaktur Black package (NEW) adds:
- Matte black exterior highlights
- Matte black roof
- Blacked-out headlight surrounds
The $6800 AMG Carbon Fibre Trim package adds:
- Carbon-fibre interior trim inserts
Other optional features for the 2023 Mercedes-AMG G63 include a range of new G manufaktur personalisation options including the following:
- Exclusive interior colour combinations
- Exclusive seat graphics, leathers and stitching
- G manufaktur grab handle
- G manufaktur wooden floor panel
The 2023 Mercedes-AMG G63 is available in the following exterior paint colours:
- G manufaktur Magno Night Black (+$8900)
- G manufaktur Platinum Black metallic (+$3900)
- Magnetite Black metallic
- Obsidian Black metallic
- G manufaktur Sea Blue metallic (+$3900)
- G manufaktur Magno Citirine Brown (+$8900)
- Emerald Green metallic
- G manufaktur Olive metallic (+$3900)
- G manufaktur Green Hell Magno (+$12,900) (NEW)
- G manufaktur Graphite metallic (+$3900)
- Selenite Grey metallic
- G manufaktur Copper Orange Magno (+$8900) (NEW)
- G manufaktur Hyacinth Red metallic (+$3900)
- G manufaktur Magno Platinum (+$8900)
- Iridium Silver metallic
- Mojave Silver metallic
- G manufaktur Opalite White (+$3900)
- G manufaktur Opalite White Magno (+$8900) (NEW)
- Polar White