Peugeot Citroen Australia has confirmed the facelifted 2023 C5 Aircross Sport will be arriving in local showrooms “later in H1, 2023“, along with some initial details.
While pricing hasn’t been confirmed yet, customers can register their interest at Citroen’s website, with the new Sport specification bringing bringing an upgraded drivetrain, more features, and much improved technology.
For 2023 there’s a 133kW/250Nm 1.6-litre four-cylinder turbo petrol under the bonnet, driving the front wheels via a new eight-speed automatic transmission. The previous C5 Aircross Shine ran a 121kW tune and a six-speed auto.
In Peugeot Citroen world, that eight-speed Aisin auto brings enhanced driver assistance tech, with the brand’s Highway Driver Assist – a Level 2 autonomy system combining adaptive cruise control with stop/go and active lane centring – now featured as standard.
Other new features include:
- Panoramic sunroof
- Projector LED headlights, finished in glossy black
- Dual daytime running light signature with LED indicator
- Functional air curtain
- New LED tail light design
- Black Pack
- 19-inch black alloy wheels
- Glossy black door/side mirror shell
- Matte black roof rails
- Black roof
- Black colour pack (Airbumps and fog light surrounds)
- 10-inch infotainment touchscreen (previously 8.0in)
- New Hype Black interior
- Blue highlights
- Black Nappa leather trim, incl. perforated Nappa leather seats
- Blue stitching for dash, door, central armrest, centre console trim
- Heated front seats
- Driver’s massage function
- Driver’s seat electric adjustment
- e-Toggle style gear selector
- New driving mode selection button incl. Grip Control
- Polar White
- Perla Nera Black
- Platinum Grey
- Steel Grey
- Eclipse Blue (pictured)
- Pearlescent White
Expect pricing to rise a little over the MY22 version’s $52,300 sticker, which itself is a near-$9000 increase over the C5 Aircross’s $43,990 list price when it first launched in 2019.
The equivalent Peugeot 3008 – which shares its architecture and drivetrains with the C5 Aircross – is the GT Sport which lists for $63,431 before on-road costs.
It’s unclear whether Peugeot Citroen Australia is planning to also bring the C5 Aircross PHEV, which runs the same 165kW 1.6-litre plug-in hybrid system as the upcoming C5 X PHEV, as well as the Peugeot 308 and 508 PHEVs.
Stay tuned to CarExpert for all the latest.