Mercedes-Benz has cut the price of entry to its biggest electric car, the EQC, with the addition of a new model.
Previously only available in one trim level, the EQC 400 4Matic will now be offered in a new entry-level guise from $124,300 before on-road costs.
It’ll be available to order shortly, with first deliveries to touch down before the end of 2021.
The existing model has been renamed the EQC 400 4Matic Sport, and is priced from $141,300 before on-roads.
- 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 4Matic: $124,300
- 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQC 400 4Matic Sport: $141,300
All prices exclude on-road costs.
Power in both EQC models comes from a dual-motor electric powertrain.
Peak power is 300kW, and peak torque is 760Nm. The 100km/h sprint takes a claimed 5.1 seconds.
The EQC has an 80kWh lithium-ion battery pack good for 430km of range on the ADR test cycle.
That equates to 23.8kWh per 100km of driving.
Plugged into a wall box at home, the EQC can charge at up to 11kW. Hooked up to a DC public charger it’ll charge at 110kW.
Mercedes-Benz includes five years of free charging using the ChargeFox network.
The 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQC measures 4774mm long, 1622mm tall and 2096mm wide (1884mm excluding the mirrors).
It weighs 2522kg and has 500L of luggage space, expanding to 1460L with the second row folded.
The EQC has a five-star safety rating from ANCAP based on testing conducted by Euro NCAP in 2019.
It received scores of 96 per cent for adult occupant protection, 92 per cent for child occupant protection, 75 per cent for vulnerable road user protection and 76 per cent for safety assist.
The EQC comes standard with:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Blind-spot assist
- Lane-keep assist
- Evasive steering assist
- Traffic sign recognition
- Exit warning
- Front, side and curtain airbags
- Driver’s knee airbag
The 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQC requires servicing every 12 months or 25,000km, whichever comes first.
In addition to a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty, Mercedes-Benz offers a three-year service plan for the EQC priced at $1350.
The EQC 400 comes standard with the following features:
- 10.25-inch MBUX touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and satellite navigation
- 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster
- 13-speaker 590W Burmester sound system
- LED headlights with adaptive high-beam
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Faux leather upholstery
- Leather-look dashboard
- Power-adjustable front seats with memory, heating
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
- Surround-view camera
- Keyless entry and start
- Power tailgate
- DAB+ digital radio
- Wireless phone charging
- 64 colour-adjustable ambient lighting
- Dual-zone climate control
- Heated, power-folding exterior mirrors
- Tyre-pressure monitoring
- Type 2 CCS charging plug
- 8m home charging cable
- 5m public charging cable
Moving to the EQC 400 4Matic Sport gets you:
- 21-inch AMG Line alloy wheels
- Real leather seat trim
- Head-up display
- Rear privacy glass