Mazda Australia has announced some running tweaks for its 2022 Mazda CX-3 small SUV.
A new exterior paint colour joins the range, titled ‘Platinum Quartz Metallic’. This paint is familiar to the Mazda range – you can get it on the CX-8 large SUV.
sTouring, Akari and Akari LE trims will also receive gloss black painted body cladding as a part of this minor update.
The whole CX-3 range now has rear seat belt reminders to conform with the latest Australian Design Rule (ADR) regulations.
Prices for this updated model will become available closer to the release date.
All 2022 Mazda CX-3 models will still be powered by a naturally-aspirated 2.0-litre four-cylinder producing 110kW of power and 195Nm of torque. This is mated to either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission.
It is still available in either front- or all-wheel drive.
Claimed fuel consumption of the front-wheel drive manual variants is 6.6L/100km, compared to the automatic variants is 6.3L/100km.
All-wheel drive variants used a claimed 6.7L/100km.
The 2022 Mazda CX-3 Neo Sport comes with the following standard features:
- 16-inch steel rims with hubcaps
- Halogen headlights
- Power folding mirrors
- Height-adjustable front seats
- Black cloth upholstery
- 60/40 rear split folding seats
- Electric park brake with hold function
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- DAB+ radio
- Six-speaker sound system
- Keyless entry with push-button start
- Rear parking sensors
- Reversing camera
- Autonomous Emergency Braking with nighttime pedestrian detection
- Rear seat belt warning (NEW)
The Maxx Sport adds:
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic headlights
- Rain-sensing window wipers
- Rear centre armrest
- Leather-wrapped gear knob and steering wheel
- Overhead sunglasses storage
- Climate control
- Satellite navigation
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear-cross traffic alert
The Maxx Sport LE adds:
- Tan suede-like and white ‘Maztex’ leatherette upholstery
- Unique 16-inch alloy wheels
- Gloss black mirrors and front grille
The sTouring adds:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Heated body-coloured mirrors
- LED daytime running lights
- LED front fog lights
- LED headlights with auto high beam
- LED tail lights
- Black ‘Maztex’ and black cloth upholstery
- Heads-up display
- Driver attention alert
- Front parking sensors
- Traffic sign recognition
- Lane departure warning
- Gloss black painted body cladding (NEW)
The Akari adds:
- Power sliding and tilt sunroof
- Driver 10-way electrically adjustable seat with memory
- Front seat heating
- Black or white leather upholstery
- Radar cruise control with stop & go
- 360 degree camera
- Matrix LED headlights
The Akari LE adds:
- Dark russet Nappa leather upholstery
- Dark russet centre console, centre and door armrests with white stitching
- White metallic air vent rings
- White door and dashboard trim inserts
There are now nine exterior paint colours to choose from. They are the following:
- Platinum Quartz Metallic (NEW)
- Polymetal Grey Metallic
- Soul Red Crystal Metallic
- Machine Grey Metallic
- Ceramic Metallic
- Deep Crystal Blue Mica
- Eternal Blue Mica
- Jet Black Mica
- Snowflake White Pearl Mica
Stay tuned to CarExpert for an updated announcement with full pricing and specifications for the 2022 Mazda CX3 line-up.
MORE: Everything Mazda CX-3