Honda’s best-selling model enters 2022 unchanged, but for slight price increases.
Drive-away across the 2022 Honda CR-V range are up by $200-$300 compared with the initial prices advertised as part of the new Honda Price Promise.
As part of its switch to an agency sales model in 2021, Honda Australia now offers fixed drive-away pricing nationwide across its entire range.
The transition hasn’t been seamless, with Honda sales down more (39.5 per cent) than those of any other brand in 2021. The brand was projecting a drop in sales, and going forward plans to sell 1650 vehicles per month – equivalent to just shy of 20,000 per year.
- 2022 Honda CR-V Vi: $35,500 (+$200)
- 2022 Honda CR-V VTi: $38,600 (+$300)
- 2022 Honda CR-V VTi 7: $40,500 (+$200)
- 2022 Honda CR-V VTi X: $41,500 (+$300)
- 2022 Honda CR-V VTi L AWD: $45,800 (+$300)
- 2022 Honda CR-V VTi L7: $48,900 (+$200)
- 2022 Honda CR-V VTi LX AWD: $53,500 (+$300)
All prices are drive-away.
The 2022 Honda CR-V is available with a choice of two engines.
The base engine, only offered on the base Vi, is a 2.0-litre naturally-aspirated four-cylinder producing 113kW of power and 189Nm of torque, mated with a continuously-variable transmission (CVT).
The other engine is a 1.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder. Although it’s smaller than the base engine, the turbocharged motor offers 140kW and 240Nm.
It’s also paired with a CVT as standard, and front- or all-wheel drive options are available.
The 2022 Honda CR-V uses 7.0L/100km on the combined cycle in VTi guise, 7.3L/100km in the VTi 7, VTi X and VTi L7, 7.4L/100km in the VTi L AWD and VTi LX AWD, and 7.6L/100km in the Vi.
It runs on 91RON regular unleaded fuel and has a 57L fuel tank.
The 2022 Honda CR-V measures up at 4635mm long, 1855mm wide and 1679mm tall, with a 2660mm wheelbase.
In five-seat CR-V models, there’s 522L of cargo space. This expands to 1084L with the second row folded when measured to the window.
In seven-seat models, there’s 150L of cargo space. Fold the third row and this expands to 472L, and fold the second row and there’s 936L measured to the window.
The Honda CR-V has a braked towing capacity of 1500kg in five-seat models and 1000kg in seven-seat models.
Servicing takes place every 12 months or 10,000km – whichever comes first.
From July 1, 2021, the first five services are capped at $125. That means the CR-V costs just $625 to service over the first five years, down from $1560 previously.
The CR-V is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
The CR-V has a five-star safety rating from ANCAP, on the back of testing conducted in 2017.
Base Vi models miss out on autonomous emergency braking and lane-keep assist, although it’s available on the rest of the range as part of the Honda Sensing suite of driver assistance functions.
The Honda Sensing suite also includes adaptive cruise control and lane- and road-departure warning. LaneWatch blind-spot monitoring is standard on the VTi X and up.
There are standard front, front-side and curtain airbags, and the curtain airbags extend to the third row in seven-seat models.
Standard equipment on the base CR-V Vi includes:
- Dual-zone climate control
- 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Two USB ports
- Halogen headlights
- Cruise control
- Reversing camera
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Full-sized alloy spare wheel
Moving to the VTi or VTi 7 adds:
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Lane-departure warning
- Lane-keep assist
- Road departure mitigation
- Adaptive cruise control
- Centre console 12V power outlet
- Auto walk-away door locking
- Keyless entry and start
- Boot luggage cover
- Four USB ports
The VTi X gains:
- Hands-free power tailgate
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic headlights
- Hands-free powered tailgate
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel
- Satellite navigation with traffic updates
- High-beam support
- Camera-based blind-spot monitoring
- Front and rear parking sensors
- 18-inch alloy wheels
The VTi L AWD features:
- Leather seats
- Heated front seats
- Eight-way power driver’s seat
Moving to the VTi L7 brings:
- Wireless phone charging
- LED headlights and fog lights
- Panoramic sunroof
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Privacy glass
The range-topping VTi LX AWD packs:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Heated door mirrors
- Auto up/down for all windows
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Leather-wrapped shifter
- LED headlights with active cornering lights
- Four-way power passenger seat
- DAB+ digital radio
The 2022 Honda CR-V Vi is available in the following finishes:
- Platinum White pearlescent
- Lunar Silver metallic
- Meteoroid Grey metallic
All other CR-V models offer these additional finishes:
- Ignite Red metallic
- Cosmic Blue metallic
- Crystal Black pearlescent
- Brilliant Sporty Blue metallic
MORE: Everything Honda CR-V