The Genesis G70 is now available in a shapely station wagon variant called the Shooting Brake.
It’s on sale now, available in one fully-loaded variant with a single powertrain but the option of a no-cost sport styling package.
That means it packs performance hardware like Brembo brakes and a limited-slip differential, though sadly it isn’t available with the sedan’s optional twin-turbocharged 3.3-litre V6 engine.
It’s priced at $79,000 before on-roads, or $2000 more than a comparably-equipped G70 sedan.
Though it’s perhaps even sleeker than the sedan, there’s more cargo space on offer: 465L, against a titchy 330L for the sedan.
- 2022 Genesis G70 Shooting Brake: $79,000
Price excludes on-road costs.
The 2022 Genesis G70 Shooting Brake is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine producing 179kW of power and 353Nm of torque.
It’s mated with an eight-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. The G70 is rear-wheel drive.
The claimed 0-100km/h time is 6.4 seconds.
The 2022 Genesis G70 Shooting Brake uses 9.1L/100km on the combined cycle, 0.1L/100km more than the sedan.
It has a 60L fuel tank.
The 2022 Genesis G70 Shooting Brake measures 4685mm long, 1850mm wide and 1400mm tall, with a 2835mm wheelbase.
It has 465L of cargo space (VDA). Under the boot floor is a space-saver spare.
The Shooting Brake weighs between 1613kg and 1699kg (kerb).
The Genesis G70 is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty with five years or 50,000km of free scheduled servicing.
The after-sales package also includes five years of 24/7 roadside assistance.
There’s also five years of the Genesis Concierge Service where, if you live within 70km driving distance of a Genesis studio, a concierge will come pick up your vehicle when it’s time for servicing and leave you with another Genesis vehicle in the interim.
The Genesis G70 sedan has a five-star rating from ANCAP, based on testing conducted by ANCAP in 2018.
It received an adult occupant protection score of 81 per cent, a child occupant protection score of 86 per cent, a vulnerable road user protection score of 69 per cent, and a safety assist score of 81 per cent.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- AEB with junction assist, pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Blind-spot assist
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Blind-Spot View Monitor
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane Following Assist
- Leading vehicle departure alert
- Surround-view camera
- Safe exit warning
- Rear occupant alert
- Front and rear parking sensors
- 10 airbags, including a front centre side airbag and rear side airbags
The G70 Shooting Brake comes standard with:
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation
- Wired Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Automatic high-beam
- Intelligent Front-Lighting System
- Limited-slip differential
- 19-inch alloy wheels in Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres
- 15-speaker Lexicon sound system
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated rear seats
- 16-way power driver’s seat with memory
- 12-way power passenger seat
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Geometric patterned aluminium trim inserts
- Power tailgate
- Electro-chromatic rear-view mirrors
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Keyless entry and start
- Wireless phone charging
The no-cost option Sport Line Style Package includes:
- Unique 19-inch alloy wheels
- ‘Sport’ grille
- Dark chrome exterior highlights
- Metal pedals
- Swirl patterned aluminium trim inserts
- ‘Sport’ quilted upholstery
There are 15 exterior colours, with three matte finishes exclusive to Sport Line models. There are also seven interior colours, with upholstery choices including Sevilla Red, Velvet Burgundy and Obsidian Black.
MORE: Everything Genesis G70