Volvo has dropped the flagship plug-in hybrid variants of its BMW 3 Series-rivalling S60 and V60.
“The current success of our SUVs is outweighing that of our sedan and wagon range,” said a spokesperson from Volvo Australia.
“To that end, we have decided to streamline our product line-up (even more) and focus on the best performing variants.”
That leaves the S60 sedan and its V60 wagon counterpart available only in T5 Momentum, T5 Inscription and T5 R-Design trims.
The S60 and V60 receive only minor spec list tweaks for 2021, with Momentum models adding LED active bending headlights and premium ambient interior lighting.
- 2021 Volvo S60 T5 Momentum: $55,990
- 2021 Volvo S60 T5 Inscription: $60,990
- 2021 Volvo S60 T5 R-Design: $64,990
- 2021 Volvo V60 T5 Momentum: $57,990
- 2021 Volvo V60 T5 Inscription: $62,990
- 2021 Volvo V60 T5 R-Design: $66,990
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2021 Volvo S60 and V60 use a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine producing 187kW of power and 350Nm of torque, or 192kW and 400Nm in the T5 R-Design. It’s mated to an eight-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
All models are all-wheel drive.
The 2021 Volvo S60 and V60 consume 7.3L/100km on the combined cycle.
All models have a 60L fuel tank and require 95RON premium unleaded fuel.
The 2021 Volvo S60 and V60 measure 4761mm long, 1850mm wide and have a 2872mm wheelbase. The S60 is 1437mm tall while the V60 is 1432mm tall.
The S60 has 442L of luggage space while the V60 has 529L.
The Volvo S60 and V60 have a five-star rating from ANCAP based on testing conducted in 2018. That’s based on scores of 96 per cent for adult occupant protection score, 88 per cent for child occupant protection, 74 per cent for vulnerable road user protection, and 77 per cent for safety assist.
All models come standard with low-speed, high-speed and reverse autonomous emergency braking (AEB), as well as blind-spot monitoring, lane-keeping assist, rear cross-traffic alert and front, front-side and curtain airbags.
The T5 Momentum comes standard with:
- 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, DAB digital radio and satellite navigation
- LED headlights with active bending lights
- Headlight washers
- Leather upholstery
- Power driver’s seat with memory
- Proximity entry with push-button start
- Reversing camera with front and rear parking sensors
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Dual-zone climate control
- Ambient lighting
- 17-inch alloy wheels
Options on the T5 Momentum include:
- Surround-view camera: $1000
- Semi-autonomous parking assist: $1250
- Power-adjustable passenger seat: $800
- Four-way power lumbar: $500
- Comfort Pack, with four-zone climate control, heated front seats and heated steering wheel: $1200
- Momentum Lifestyle Pack, with panoramic sunroof and 14-speaker Harman Kardon sound system: $3100 ($3700 on V60)
The T5 Inscription adds:
- Four-zone climate control
- Surround-view camera
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
- Head-up display
- Power-adjustable passenger seat
- Four-way power lumbar
- 19-inch alloy wheels
It’s available with a $3500 luxury package that adds massaging and ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel and Nappa leather upholstery.
The T5 R-Design adds:
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Paddle shifters
- Four-C adaptive suspension
It’s also available with a $3500 luxury package with identical features to the Inscription’s package.
Options across the range include:
- Panoramic sunroof: $2220
- Heated rear seats: $500
- Nappa leather upholstery with ventilated front seats: $2950 (not available on Momentum)
- 14-speaker Harman Kardon sound system: $1750
- 15-speaker Bowers and Wilkins sound system: $4500
- Lifestyle Pack, including panoramic sunroof and 14-speaker Harman Kardon sound system: $2800 ($3000 on V60), not available on Momentum
- Four-C adaptive suspension: $1250
Some of these standalone options are bundled into additional option packages.
Volvo now offers a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty, five years of roadside assistance, and five years of capped-price servicing.
Over a three-year period, the Volvo S60 T5 Momentum costs $1595 to service, with intervals every 15,000km or 12 months (whichever occurs first). That comes out to an average service cost of $532 per service.