It’s the end of an era as Subaru winds down production of its EJ25 engine, so the company has prepared a fitting tribute.
Subaru Australia has secured 75 units of the WRX STI EJ25 Final Edition, priced at $62,440 before on-road costs.
Each of the 75 units will include a numbered plaque.
30 units will be made available to order via the Subaru Australia website.
The WRX STI EJ25 Final Edition will be priced $3000 higher than the existing WRX STI spec.R model.
This limited edition model signifies the end of the EJ25 era, with a new powertrain planned for the next generation.
Starting life in 1996, the EJ25 is a 2.5-litre turbocharged flat-four engine known for its iconic burble.
Reports indicate the next-generation WRX STI will receive an upgraded version of the turbocharged 2.4-litre flat-four offered in the large Subaru Ascent SUV sold in North America.
On top of the standard features of WRX STI, the EJ25 Final Edition includes some extra visual kit.
It features 19-inch BBS forged aluminium wheels painted in gold and complemented by silver Brembo brake calipers with the STI logo.
The door mirror covers, rear WRX badge and front fender insert are finished in black.
Throughout the interior and exterior of the vehicle there are black and silver accents, including the Recaro sports seats which feature silver stitching and seatbelts.
50 examples will be painted in Subaru’s iconic WR Blue Pearl, with 15 finished in Crystal White and 10 in Crystal Black Silica.
The 2.5-litre turbo flat-four remains unchanged with 221kW of power and 407Nm of torque, mated exclusively with a six-speed manual transmission.
Same as all WRX and WRX STI models, the EJ25 Final Edition comes with a five-year/unlimited kilometre warranty and five-years or 125,000km of capped price servicing.
Standard features on top of the WRX STI spec.R AWD include:
- EJ25 Final Edition numbered internal badge
- EJ25 Final Edition rear exterior badge
- EJ25 Final Edition plate in the engine bay
- 19” BBS forged aluminium wheels (gold)
- Silver Brembo brake calipers with STI logo
- Recaro sports bucket front seats with silver highlights
- Ultrasuede steering wheel
- Red STI push-start button
- Silver seat belts
- Silver interior stitching
- Carbon fibre look instrument panel decoration
- Front grille with pinstripe
- Black door mirror covers and shark fin antenna
- Black front fender insert with STI logo
- Black rear WRX badge