The 2021 Jaguar E-Pace mightn’t look much different to last year’s model, but Jaguar says underneath its subtly changed exterior lies a different platform.
It arrives locally in the first quarter of this year with a pared-back, petrol-only range, with Jaguar ditching last year’s diesel-powered D180 models.
The range is now topped by the 300 Sport, powered by a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine with a 48V mild-hybrid system.
Total outputs are 221kW of power and 400Nm of torque, with Jaguar claiming a 0-100km/h time of 6.9 seconds.
Exterior styling changes include revised bumpers and tail lights, a new grille and redesigned LED headlights, with Pixel LED headlights optional.
The Jaguar E-Pace is the latest Jaguar Land Rover product to upgrade to the company’s new Pivi Pro infotainment system, controlled via a new 11.4-inch curved glass touchscreen.
Interior changes include a new steering wheel and drive selector, a tweaked centre console, and the use of more soft-touch materials.
The 300 Sport gets Jaguar’s second-generation Active Driveline AWD system, which uses two independent, electronically-controlled wet-plate clutches to distribute torque across the rear wheels. The system can send 100 per cent of that torque to either rear wheel in 100 milliseconds.
All 2021 Jaguar E-Pace models now come standard with proximity entry, a 3D surround camera, adaptive cruise control, adaptive speed limiter, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert and traffic sign recognition.
The E-Pace is on sale now.
- 2021 Jaguar E-Pace R-Dynamic S P250: $63,900
- 2021 Jaguar E-Pace R-Dynamic SE P250: $67,200
- 2021 Jaguar E-Pace R-Dynamic HSE P250: $71,300
- 2021 Jaguar E-Pace 300 Sport: $79,600
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2021 Jaguar E-Pace 300 Sport is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine with a 48V mild-hybrid system. Total outputs are 221kW of power and 400Nm of torque.
2021 Jaguar E-Pace P250 models use a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine producing 183kW of power and 365Nm of torque.
All 2021 E-Paces come standard with all-wheel drive and a nine-speed automatic transmission.
Jaguar claims a 0-100km/h time of 6.9 seconds for the 300 Sport and 7.5 seconds for the P250 models.
The 2021 Jaguar E-Pace uses 7.7L/100km on the combined cycle in the P250 and 8.1L/100km in the 300 Sport.
All models run on 95RON premium unleaded fuel and have a 67L fuel tank.
The 2021 Jaguar E-Pace measures 4395mm long, 1984mm wide and 1648mm tall.
Unbraked towing capacity is 750kg, while braked towing capacity is 1800kg.
Kerb weight ranges from 1790kg in the P250 S to 1885kg in the 300 Sport.
Jaguar offers a five-year or 102,000km servicing plan that costs $1950.
The E-Pace is covered by a three-year, 100,000km warranty.
The Jaguar E-Pace has a five-star rating from ANCAP with a 2017 date stamp. The rating was based on an adult occupant protection score of 86 per cent, a child occupant protection score of 87 per cent, a pedestrian protection score of 77 per cent and a safety assist score of 72 per cent.
All 2021 Jaguar E-Pace models come standard with the following safety features:
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane-keeping assist
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Traffic sign recognition
- Front, front-side and curtain airbags
- Adaptive speed limiter
The P250 S comes standard with the following equipment:
- 11.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- DAB digital radio
- Power tailgate
- Surround-view camera
- LED headlights
- Keyless entry and start
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Dual-zone climate control
- Bright metal pedals
- Heated, power-folding exterior mirrors
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Leather upholstery
- Metal sill plates
- Six-speaker sound system
- 12-way power front seats
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic high-beam: $270
- LED headlights with dynamic indicators: $780
- Digital instrument cluster: $690
The SE adds:
- Automatic high-beam
- LED headlights with dynamic front indicators
- Digital instrument cluster
- Heated, power-folding exterior mirrors with memory
- 12-way power front seats with memory
- 19-inch alloy wheels
The HSE adds:
- 11-speaker Meridian sound system
- 16-way power front seats with memory
- 20-inch alloy wheels
Options on the S, SE and HSE include:
- Selectable drive modes: $680
- Adaptive suspension: $1950
- Black exterior pack: $1150
- Illuminated metal sill plates: $820
- Head-up display: $1630
- Dynamic Handling Pack, with adaptive suspension, selectable drive modes and red brake calipers: $2630
- Premium Upgrade Interior Pack, with illuminated sill plates, premium cabin lighting and cabin air purifier: $1590
- Technology Pack, with ClearSight rear-view mirror, wireless phone charging, head-up display and digital instrument cluster: $2360 ($2910 on S)
The 300 Sport adds:
- Black exterior pack
- Selectable drive modes
- Adaptive suspension
- Head-up display
Options across the whole E-Pace range include:
- Red brake calipers: $660
- Black roof: $970
- Fixed panoramic roof: $2160
- Roof rails: $740
- Privacy glass: $690
- Power tailgate with gesture control: $220
- ClearSight rear-view mirror: $980
- Premium cabin lighting: $390
- Wearable activity key: $750
- Tyre pressure monitoring: $580
- Semi-autonomous parking assist: $310
- 15-speaker Meridian surround sound system: $3590 ($2320 on HSE and 300 Sport)
- Wireless phone charging: $350
- Cold Climate Pack, with heated windscreen, washer jets and steering wheel: $980
- Convenience Pack (excludes HSE), with gesture control tailgate and wearable activity key: $1430
As is typical for Jaguar Land Rover products, there’s a wide range of seating options. Heated front and rear seats and ventilated front seats are available as an option across all variants, though prices vary.