Genesis is about to have a challenger to the popular BMW X3 and Audi Q5.
The 2021 Genesis GV70 SUV will touch down in Australia during the second quarter of 2021 with three engines and two option packages.
Pricing hasn’t been revealed, but we now know what will be offered across the GV70 range.
- 2021 Genesis GV70 2.5T: TBC
- 2021 Genesis GV70 2.5T AWD: TBC
- 2021 Genesis GV70 2.2D AWD: TBC
- 2021 Genesis GV70 3.5T AWD: TBC
The base engine in the Genesis GV70 is a 2.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine with 224kW of power and 422Nm of torque.
It’s mated with an eight-speed automatic, and buyers have a choice of rear- or all-wheel drive.
The only diesel option is a 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbocharged engine with 154kW of power and 440Nm of torque, mated with an eight-speed automatic and all-wheel drive.
The range-topping option is a turbocharged 3.5-litre petrol V6 with 279kW of power and 530Nm of torque, once again mated with an eight-speed automatic and all-wheel drive.
The 2021 Genesis GV70 measures 4715mm long, 1910mm wide and 1630mm tall, with a 2875mm wheelbase.
Boot space is 542L with the rear seats in place and 1678L with them folded flat.
All models have a 66L fuel tank and a 2200kg braked towing capacity.
The 2021 Genesis GV70 hasn’t been crash tested by ANCAP or Euro NCAP.
Standard safety equipment atop eight airbags includes:
- Blind-spot assist
- Driver attention monitoring
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Front cross-traffic assist
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Lane-keeping assist
- Lane-centring assist
- Surround-view camera
The Genesis GV70 is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty
Maintenance in petrol models is required every 12 months or 10,000km. Diesel owners need to visit the dealer every 12 months or 15,000km.
Servicing is free for the first five years of ownership.
Standard kit across the GV70 range includes:
- 14.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, DAB+ digital radio
- Satellite navigation with augmented reality
- Nine-speaker audio system
- Wireless phone charging
- Panoramic sunroof
- Acoustic laminated windscreen, front glass
- Leather seats, dashboard, door trims, console
- Adjustable ambient lighting
- 12-way power front seats
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Keyless entry and start
- Power tailgate
- Manual rear sunshades
- Dual-zone climate control
Opting for the Sport Line Package brings:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Sport brake package
- Sport Line exterior body kit with gloss black highlights
- Nappa leather seat trim
- Suede headlining
- Sport steering wheel
- Sports gauges
The Luxury Package brings:
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Reverse AEB
- Rear privacy glass
- 21-inch alloy wheels
- Quilted Nappa leather seat trim
- Suede headlining
- 3D trim backlighting
- Head-up display
- Powered steering column
- Fingerprint-based driver profiles
- Smart remote parking
- 18-way powered, massaging driver’s seat
- Heated second-row seats
- Heated steering wheel
- 16-speaker sound system
- Tri-zone climate control