Alpina Australia has announced local pricing and specifications for the new 2020 BMW Alpina XB7, the company’s flagship three-row bi-turbo V8 SUV.
First deliveries won’t arrive until “early in 2021“, though customers can order their vehicles now.
- Alpina XB7 – $264,900
Price excludes on-road costs
The Alpina XB7 is based on the BMW X7 M50i, meaning it utilises a rejigged version of the BMW’s 4.4-litre bi-turbo petrol V8.
Model-specific twin-scroll turbochargers with 54mm turbines have been swapped in over the standard units, bumping outputs to a beefy 457kW of power and 800Nm of torque – the latter available from just 2000rpm through to 5000rpm.
That compares to the BMW X7 M50i’s already substantial 390kW and 750Nm.
Alpina claims the family bus can dash from 0-100km/h in an impressive 4.2 seconds, on its way to a top speed of 290km/h. Meanwhile, combined fuel use is rated at 12.0L/100km.
Drive is sent through an Alpina-fettled ZF eight-speed automatic transmission, hooked up to the BMW xDrive all-wheel drive system with variable torque distribution.
Being based on the BMW X7, the Alpina XB7 comes fitted with the BMW Driving Assistant Professional package as standard, incorporating low- and high-speed autonomous emergency braking, adaptive cruise control with stop&go, front and rear cross traffic warning, steering and lane control assistant, lane keeping assistant with side collision warning, lane change assistant, crossroads warning, evasion aid, as well as speed limit info with auto Speed Limit Assist.
The BMW X7 is currently untested by ANCAP or its Euro NCAP sister firm, though the smaller X5 on which it’s based wears a five-star safety rating with 2018 date stamp.
Alpina doesn’t list dimensions for the XB7 as yet, but the BMW X7 M50i measures 5151mm long, 2000mm wide, 1805mm tall and rides on a 3105mm wheelbase.
As a guide, the X7 M50i weighs in at a hefty 2480kg (kerb), can swallow a minimum of 750L of luggage and a maximum of 2120L with all the rear seats folded.
There are 21-inch Alpina ‘Dynamic’ cast aluminium alloy wheels as standard with specially-developed 285/45 Pirelli P Zero ALP run-flat tyres.
Optionally available are massive 23-inch Alpina ‘Classic’ forged alloys which actually reduce the unsprung weight by 13kg. These rims are wrapped in bespoke non-run-flat Pirelli P Zero ALP performance tyres measuring 285/35 at the front and 325/30 at the rear.
- Solid or metallic paintwork
- Exterior deco sets in gold or silver (or $NCO delete)
- Front spoiler ‘ALPINA’ lettering in black high-gloss, gold or silver
- Extended ‘Merino’ leather upholstery
- 21-inch Alpina ‘Dynamic’ alloy wheels
- Alpina Luxury Myrtle high-gloss wood trim with insignia
- Comfort seats (front) with Alpina logo in seatbacks, full-electric operation and memory function
- Alpina Design ‘Crafted Clarity’ interior glass ornamentation
- Alpina illuminated door sills
- Lavalina leather steering wheel with blue/green stitching
- Heat Comfort Package
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated centre console and front door armrests
- Heated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Leather instrument panel
- Alpina floor mats with insignia
- Alcantara Anthracite headliner
- Alpina interior production plaque
- Rear sunblinds
- Travel and Comfort system
- 2 x USB ports in front-row backrest
- 2 x USB ports for third-row seats
- Preparation for multi-function bracket
- Five-zone climate control
- Front cup holders with heating and cooling
- Ambient interior lighting
- Soft-close doors
- Parking Assistant Plus
- Head-up display
- DAB digital radio
- 16-speaker harman/kardon surround sound system with 494W digital amplifier
- BMW Connected Package Professional
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Apple CarPlay (wireless)
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- Gesture Control
- Driving Assistant Professional
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop & Go function
- Front and rear cross-traffic warning
- Steering and Lane Control Assistant
- Lane Keeping Assistant with side collision warning
- Lane Change Assistant
- Crossroads warning
- Evasion Aid
- Speed Limit Info with auto Speed Limit Assist
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Comfort Access
- Integral Active Steering
- Executive Drive Pro
- BMW Display Key
- High-gloss Shadowline exterior trim and roof rails
- BMW Live Cockpit Professional with Alpina displays
- 12.3-inch instrument display
- 12.3-inch touchscreen control display with 32GB hard drive
- Satellite navigation
- Split-screen function
- Alpina sports exhaust system
- Locking wheel bolts
- BMW Laser Light headlights
- Two-axle Air Suspension with auto-levelling
- 395 x 36mm front brake discs with 398 x 28mm rear discs
- Active Roll Stabilisation
On top of the already extensive standard equipment list, a range of options will be offered including exclusive paints, alternate interior decor inserts, headrest embossing, ventilated and massaging seats, extended Lavalina interior leather packages, and Night Vision cameras.
Alpina says the XB7 follows the X7 M50i’s BMW Service Inclusive package, which covers the first five years or 80,000km, whichever comes first. This package costs $2200 for the ‘Basic’ plan and $6071 for the ‘Plus’.
Like the wider BMW and Alpina range, the XB7 is covered by a three-year unlimited kilometre warranty with complimentary roadside assistance for this period.