The 2020 Toyota Corolla is available in eleven variants, with pricing ranging from $23,335 before on-road costs for the manual Ascent Sport to $33,635 before on-roads for the ZR Hybrid.
The current Corolla is the 12th generation of the nameplate and represents around 23 per cent of sales in its segment, putting it ahead of the Hyundai i30 (19.5 per cent) and Kia Cerato (15.7 per cent).
Toyota offers a sedan and a hatchback variant of the Corolla, with pricing remaining almost identical for both models across the range.
- 2020 Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport manual: $23,335
- 2020 Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport CVT: $24,835
- 2020 Toyota Corolla Ascent Sport Hybrid: $26,335
- 2020 Toyota Corolla SX CVT: $28,235
- 2020 Toyota Corolla SX Hybrid: $29,735
- 2020 Toyota Corolla ZR CVT hatch: $32,135
- 2020 Toyota Corolla ZR CVT sedan: $33,635
- 2020 Toyota Corolla ZR Hybrid: $33,635
All prices exclude on-road costs
The 2020 Toyota Corolla range has two engine choices, starting with a 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol pumping out 125kW and 200Nm.
The second is a hybrid powertrain with a total output of 90kW from its 1.8-litre engine and its pair of electric motor-generators.
The 2.0-litre engine is available with a six-speed manual transmission or CVT with 10 virtual gears. The hybrid is only available with an e-CVT.
The petrol 2020 Toyota Corolla CVT uses 6.0L/100km on the combined cycle, while the manual is rated at 6.3L/100km for the hatch and 6.5L/100km for the sedan.
Fuel economy in the Corolla Hybrid is just 4.2L/100km.
The Corolla hatch measures 4375mm long, 1435mm tall and 1790mm wide, with a 2640mm wheelbase.
The Corolla sedan measures 4630mm long, 1435mm tall and 1780mm wide, with a 2700mm wheelbase.
The kerb weight of the Corolla ranges from 1320kg for the manual hatch to 1360kg for the hybrid.
The 2020 Toyota Corolla hatch offers between 217L and 333L of luggage space with the rear seats in place.
The Corolla has an ANCAP rating of five stars, with scores of 96 per cent in adult occupant protection, 83 per cent in child occupant protection, 86 per cent in vulnerable road user protection, and 76 per cent in safety assist.
The entire range comes standard with autonomous emergency braking featuring pedestrian and cyclist detection, lane-keeping assist, a reversing camera, and seven airbags.
Higher-end models are also available with blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert.
The base Corolla Ascent Sport comes with the following standard features:
- Dusk-sensing bi-LED headlights
- Air conditioning
- 16-inch alloy wheels (15-inch with aero caps on hybrid sedan)
- 4.2-inch information display
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Six-speaker audio system
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Electric mirrors
- 60/40 split-fold rear seats with centre arm rest
- Rear fog lights
- Heated, power-folding mirrors
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane departure warning with steering assist
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and daytime cyclist detection
- Hill-start assist
- Reversing camera
- Active cornering assistance
- Seven airbags
Moving up to the Corolla SX brings:
- Satellite navigation
- DAB+ digital radio
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Leatherette steering wheel
- LED fog lights
- Auto-folding wing mirrors
- Keyless entry and start
- Privacy glass
- Climate control (single-zone sedan, dual-zone hatch)
- Wireless phone charging
The top-spec Corolla ZR also features:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- JBL sound system (nine-speaker sedan, eight-speaker hatch)
- Powered driver’s seat
- Leather and faux suede interior accents (option for hatch)
- Heated front seats
- Head-up display
- 7.0-inch multi-information display
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror
- Sports front bucket seats
- Interior ambient lighting
Satellite navigation and DAB+ digital radio are optional extras on the Ascent Sport.
The 2020 Toyota Corolla requires maintenance every 12 months or 15,000km – whichever comes first.
The first five services are capped at $175 each.