The 2020 Mitsubishi Triton range consists of seven trim levels and three body styles, with prices ranging from $22,490 before on-road costs for the GLX Cab Chassis with a 2.4-litre petrol four and manual transmission, all the way to $52,790 before on-road costs for the GLS Premium Double Cab with the turbo-diesel and automatic.
The Triton received a substantial refresh for 2019, featuring a bold, more truck-like front fascia.
It’s available in either as either a cab chassis or a regular ute with a tray, and can be had in either Single Cab, Double Cab or in-between Club Cab body styles.
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX Single Cab cab chassis petrol manual: $22,490
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX Single Cab cab chassis manual: $26,240
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX Single Cab cab chassis auto: $28,740
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX Single Cab 4WD cab chassis manual: $33,240
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX Club Cab 4WD cab chassis manual: $35,740
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX Single Cab 4WD cab chassis auto: $35,740
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX Double Cab 4WD cab chassis manual: $36,490
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX ADAS Double Cab ute auto: $36,540
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX Double Cab 4WD ute manual: $37,490
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX ADAS Double Cab 4WD ute manual: $38,540
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX ADAS Club Cab 4WD cab chassis auto: $39,040
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX ADAS Double Cab 4WD cab chassis auto: $39,790
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX Double Cab 4WD ute auto: $39,990
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX+ Double Cab 4WD ute manual: $40,990
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX ADAS Double Cab 4WD ute auto: $41,040
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX+ Club Cab 4WD ute auto: $41,740
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX-R Double Cab 4WD ute manual: $41,990
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX+ Double Cab 4WD ute auto: $43,490
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLX-R Double Cab 4WD ute auto: $44,490
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLS Double Cab 4WD ute manual: $45,440
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLS Double Cab 4WD ute auto: $47,940
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GSR Double Cab 4WD ute auto: $51,890
- 2020 Mitsubishi Triton GLS Premium Double Cab 4WD ute auto: $52,790
All prices exclude on-road costs
You can use the official Mitsubishi Triton configurator to build and price up one of these yourself. It’s also worth keeping an eye on the official Mitsubishi offers page to see if there are any deals on at the moment. If you are seeking finance on a Triton, Mitsubishi has a finance calculator you can use to get an idea of repayments.
The 2020 Mitsubishi Triton is available with two engines.
Available only in the base GLX Single Cab cab chassis is a naturally-aspirated 2.4-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 94kW and 194Nm. It’s available only with a five-speed manual transmission.
All other 2020 Mitsubishi Triton models use a 2.4-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine producing 133kW and 430Nm. It’s available with either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission.
In rear-wheel drive form, the 2020 Mitsubishi Triton diesel consumes 7.8L/100km on the combined cycle in Single Cab with a manual transmission and 8.3L/100km with an automatic.
In Double Cab auto guise, it uses 8.4L/100km.
With four-wheel drive, the Mitsubishi Triton diesel consumes 7.9L/100km on the combined cycle with a manual transmission and 8.6L/100km with an automatic.
The base Mitsubishi Triton GLX, with the 2.4-litre petrol engine, consumes 11.4L/100km.
The Mitsubishi Triton measures 5295mm long in Club Cab guise and 5305mm in Double Cab ute guise. Cab Chassis length is dependent on the tray.
The Triton is 1775mm tall as a rear-wheel drive Single Cab and 1780mm as a rear-wheel drive Double Cab or any four-wheel drive variant. This excludes the Single Cab 4WD (1785mm) and the GLX-R, GLS and GSR Double Cabs (1790mm).
All Tritons measure 1815mm wide.
When the Mitsubishi Triton was tested by ANCAP in 2015, it received a rating of five stars.
That rating was based on a frontal offset score of 15.22 out of 16 and a side impact score of 16 out of 16. Whiplash and pedestrian protection were rated Good and Acceptable, respectively.
All 2020 Mitsubishi Triton models come standard with front, side and curtain airbags, as well as a driver’s knee airbag and anti-lock brakes.
All trim levels bar the base GLX also include autonomous emergency braking with forward-collision warning, as well as lane-departure warning. The GLS, GLS Premium and GSR also include blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert.
The Mitsubishi Triton GLX comes with the following standard features:
- Cruise control
- Remote central locking
- 16-inch steel wheels
- Two-speaker sound system (Single Cab) or four-speaker sound system (Club Cab and Double Cab)
- Reversing camera
- 6.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system
Moving up to the Triton GLX ADAS brings:
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Front fog lights
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Lane-departure warning
- Automatic headlights
The Triton GLX+ adds:
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Rear parking sensors
The Triton GLX-R adds:
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gearshift
- Chrome door handles and mirrors
- 18-inch alloy wheels
The Triton GLS adds:
- LED headlights and daytime running lights
- Proximity entry with push-button start
- Locking rear differential
- Six-speaker sound system
- Front parking sensors
- Power-folding exterior mirrors
- Dual-zone climate control
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Paddle shifters (automatic only)
The Triton GLS Premium and Triton GSR both add leather trim, heated front seats, a 360-degree camera and a power driver’s seat, but the GSR also adds:
- Black grille
- Black alloy wheels
If you’re interested interested in seeing all the options and inclusions across the Triton range, you can request a brochure on the Mitsubishi website. For a detailed view of the Triton interior, you’ll be able to find a 360 view within the official Triton page.
Mitsubishi also have a comparison tool which will help you understand the different inclusions across the Triton range.
All 2020 Mitsubishi Triton models require servicing every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first.
Mitsubishi is currently offering a seven-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty and two years of free servicing. Since 2017, Mitsubishi has offered three years of capped price servicing with the first three services costing $299 each for diesel Tritons and $199 each for the base petrol Triton.