The 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander is available in five different trim levels with prices ranging from $29,490 before on-road costs for the base ES manual to $56,390 before on-road costs for the Exceed PHEV.
The Outlander is Mitsubishi’s mid-sized SUV and a rival for the Toyota RAV4 and Nissan X-Trail. It’s also the cheapest way to get into a seven-seat Mitsubishi, and the only Mitsubishi available as a plug-in hybrid for now.
- 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 2.0 manual: $29,490
- 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander ES 2.4 auto: $31,790
- 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander ES ADAS 2.4 auto: $33,690
- 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander Black Edition 2.4 auto: $33,990
- 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander LS 2.4 auto: $34,590
- 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander ES AWD 2.4 auto: $34,690
- 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander ES ADAS AWD 2.4 auto: $36,190
- 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander Black Edition AWD 2.4 auto: $36,490
- 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD 2.4 auto: $37,190
- 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD diesel auto: $40,690
- 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander Exceed AWD 2.4 auto: $43,690
- 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander Exceed AWD diesel auto: $47,190
- 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV ES AWD auto: $47,390
- 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV ES ADAS AWD auto: $48,390
- 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Exceed AWD auto: $56,390
All prices are before on-road costs.
You can use the official Mitsubishi Outlander configurator to build and price up one of these yourself. It’s also worth keeping an eye on the official Mitsubishi offers page to see if there are any deals on at the moment. If you’re seeking finance, Mitsubishi has a finance calculator which may help you better understand overall cost.
The base 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander ES manual uses a naturally-aspirated 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine producing 110kW and 190Nm and mated to a five-speed manual transmission. It’s available only with front-wheel drive.
Standard across all other Outlander trim levels is a naturally-aspirated 2.4-litre four-cylinder engine producing 124kW and 220Nm and mated exclusively to a continuously-variable transmission (CVT). It’s available with either front- or all-wheel drive.
Optional on the Outlander LS and Exceed is a 2.2-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine producing 110kW and 360Nm and mated exclusively to a six-speed automatic transmission. It’s available only with all-wheel drive.
The Outlander PHEV uses a naturally-aspirated 2.4-litre four-cylinder engine with 94kW and 199Nm, a 13.8kWh lithium-ion battery, and electric motors on the front and rear axles with 60kW/137Nm and 70kW/195Nm, respectively. Mitsubishi Motors Australia doesn’t specify the combined output.
When equipped with the 2.0-litre four-cylinder, the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander consumes 7.0L/100km on the ADR combined city and highway cycle.
With the 2.4-litre four-cylinder, the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander consumes 7.2L/100km on the combined cycle in front- and all-wheel drive variants.
Opting for the 2.2-litre turbo-diesel increases the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander’s fuel economy to 6.2L/100km.
The Outlander PHEV has an electric-only range of 54km under the lenient NEDC cycle and uses 1.9L/100km on the combined cycle.
All Outlander petrol models run on 91RON regular unleaded fuel.
The 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander measures 4695mm long, 1710mm tall and 1810mm wide (1800mm in the PHEV).
The Mitsubishi Outlander’s total luggage space is 128L in seven-seat variants and 477L in five-seat variants. This increases to 1608L with the second and third rows folded.
The Outlander PHEV has slightly less luggage space at 463L and 1602L, respectively.
When the Mitsubishi Outlander was tested by ANCAP in 2014, it received a rating of five stars.
This rating was based on a frontal offset score of 15.58 out of 16 and a side impact score of 16 out of 16. Whiplash and pedestrian protection were rated Good and Acceptable, respectively.
All 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander models come standard with anti-lock brakes, and front, front-side and curtain airbags plus a driver’s knee airbag. Every model except the ES manual also includes autonomous emergency braking with forward-collision warning.
The Mitsubishi Outlander ES ADAS adds lane-departure warning, while Exceed models add blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert.
All models feature seven seats except for the ES manual, ES ADAS models, and all PHEV models.
The 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander ES manual comes with the following standard features:
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Six-speaker sound system
- DAB digital radio
- Reversing camera
- Cruise control
- Power windows
- LED daytime running lights
Mitsubishi Outlander ES automatic models add:
- Autonomous emergency braking with forward-collision warning
- Rear air-conditioning vents
- Electronic parking brake
- Automatic headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Rear parking sensors (PHEV only)
- Proximity entry with push-button start (PHEV only)
The Mitsubishi Outlander Black Edition adds the following standard features:
- Black-finish 18-inch alloy wheels and grille
- Rear parking sensors
Mitsubishi Outlander ES ADAS models drops the Black Edition’s black exterior items but adds the following:
- Rear parking sensors
- Adaptive cruise control
- Lane-departure warning
The Mitsubishi Outlander LS adds the following standard features:
- Proximity entry with push-button start
- Rear cargo blind
- Privacy glass
The range-topping Outlander Exceed adds the following standard features:
- LED headlights with washers
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- 360-degree camera
- Front parking sensors
- Eight-speaker premium sound system
- Satellite navigation
- Power tailgate
- Leather seats
- Heated front seats
The 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander requires servicing every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first.
Mitsubishi is currently offering a seven-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty and two years of free servicing, excluding the Outlander PHEV.
Since 2017, Mitsubishi has offered three years of capped price servicing with the first three services costing $199 for the 2.0-litre and 2.4-litre and $299 for the turbo-diesel and PHEV.