- Lexus’s smallest SUV
- Pricing kicks off at $44,450 before on-road costs
- Available with petrol or hybrid powertrains and front- or all-wheel-drive
The 2020 Lexus UX is available in three different trim levels with prices ranging from $44,450 before on-road costs for the base UX200 Luxury to $61,450 before on-roads for the UX250h Sport Luxury AWD.
Introduced in 2019, the UX is Lexus’s entry-level SUV and rivals the Audi Q2 and Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class.
- 2020 Lexus UX200 Luxury: $44,450
- 2020 Lexus UX250h Luxury: $47,950
- 2020 Lexus UX200 Sports Luxury: $53,000
- 2020 Lexus UX200 F Sport: $53,450
- 2020 Lexus UX250h Sports Luxury: $56,500
- 2020 Lexus UX250h F Sport: $56,950
- 2020 Lexus UX250h F Sport AWD: $61,000
- 2020 Lexus UX250h Sports Luxury AWD: $61,450
All prices exclude on-road costs
The 2020 Lexus UX200 uses a naturally-aspirated 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine producing 126kW and 205Nm. It’s mated exclusively to a continuously-variable transmission (CVT) and is only available with front-wheel drive.
The 2020 Lexus UX250h also uses a naturally-aspirated 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine, but with 107kW and 188Nm. Combined with a nickel-metal hydride battery, the hybrid UX250h produces 131kW.
An electronic CVT is the only transmission, though the UX250h is available with either front- or all-wheel drive.
The 2020 Lexus UX200 consumes 5.8L/100km on the combined cycle, while the 2020 Lexus UX250h consumes 4.5L/100km with front-wheel drive and 4.7L/100km with all-wheel drive.
The 2020 Lexus UX measures 4495mm long, 1520mm tall and 1840mm wide.
The Lexus UX’s total luggage space varies depending on the model.
In the UX200 Luxury it’s 327L, increasing to 371L in the UX200 F Sport and Sports Luxury models.
Luggage space is 324L in the UX250h Luxury, 364L in the UX250h F Sports and Sports Luxury with front-wheel drive, and 334L in the UX250h F Sport and Sports Luxury with all-wheel drive.
When the Lexus UX was tested by ANCAP in 2019, it received a rating of five stars.
All models received an adult occupant protection score of 96 per cent, child occupant protection score of 88 per cent, vulnerable road user protection score of 82 per cent and a safety assist score of 83 per cent.
All 2020 Lexus UX models come standard with autonomous emergency braking with forward-collision warning and daytime pedestrian and cyclist detection, as well as lane-departure warning, lane-keeping assist, traffic-sign recognition, blind-spot monitoring, anti-lock brakes, and eight airbags.
The 2020 Lexus UX200 Luxury and UX250h Luxury come with the following standard features:
- 10.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Power-folding exterior mirrors
- Dual-zone climate control
- Adaptive cruise control
- Keyless entry and start
- Power tilt and telescoping steering column
- Reversing camera with rear parking sensors
- Eight-speaker sound system
- Electronic parking brake
- DAB+ digital radio
- Artificial leather seats
- Heated front seats
- 10-way power driver’s seat
- Eight-way power passenger’s seat
- LED headlights, fog lights and daytime running lights
The UX200 F Sport and UX250h F Sport the following standard features:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Headlight cleaners
- F Sport appearance package
- Wireless phone charging
- Leather seats
- Ventilated front seats
- Driver’s memory seat
The Lexus UX200 Sports Luxury and UX250h Sports Luxury delete the F Sport’s appearance package but add:
- 13-speaker Mark Levinson sound system
- 360-degree camera
All 2020 Lexus UX models require servicing every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first.
Lexus offers three years of capped price servicing for the UX. Each service costs $495.