The Jeep Grand Cherokee is getting closer to being replaced but that hasn’t stopped Jeep from making a few minor updates to the flagship, fire-breathing Trackhawk.
As part of a late 2020 update, it’s picked up Laguna leather upholstery and matching door trim as standard. The leather is available in either black, or black and Ski Grey.
The Trackhawk also features lightweight black 20-inch forged alloy wheels wrapped in Pirelli P-Zero 3 Season tyres.
Jeep claims the update represents an additional $13,000 of value for just $5000 more, with the Trackhawk’s price rising to $139,950 before on-road costs.
Additionally, the 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system remains the same size but is now flush-mounted for a cleaner, more modern look.
- 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk: $139,950
Price excludes on-road costs.
The 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk uses a supercharged 6.2-litre V8 engine producing 522kW and 868Nm, mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. Jeep claims a 0-100km/h time of 3.7 seconds.
The Trackhawk uses Jeep’s Quadra-Tra Active On-Demand four-wheel drive system with a one-speed transfer case and rear e-LSD.
The 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk consumes 16.8L/100km on the combined cycle. It requires 98RON premium unleaded fuel.
The 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk measures 4846mm long, 1749mm tall and 1954mm wide.
When the Jeep Grand Cherokee was tested by ANCAP in 2014, it received a rating of five stars.
That rating was based on a frontal offset score of 14.09 out of 16 and a side impact score of 16 out of 16. Whiplash and pedestrian protection were rated Good and Marginal, respectively.
The 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk comes standard with full-speed autonomous emergency braking with forward-collision warning, as well as lane-departure warning, lane-keeping assist, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, anti-lock brakes and front, front-side, curtain and driver’s knee airbags.
The Grand Cherokee Trackhawk comes standard with the following features:
- 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and satellite navigation
- DAB+ digital radio
- 19-speaker Harman Kardon premium sound system
- Dual-zone climate control
- Proximity entry with push-button start
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
- Reversing camera with front and rear parking sensors
- Power tailgate
- Remote start
- Brembo brakes
- Launch control
- Quad exhaust
- Adaptive suspension
- Adaptive cruise control
- Panoramic sunroof
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Laguna leather upholstery
- Laguna leather door trim
- Leather-wrapped, flat-bottomed, heated steering wheel
- Leather-wrapped shifter
- Leather-wrapped instrument panel and centre console
- Paddle shifters
- Eight-way power front seats with four-way power lumbar
- Adaptive HID headlights
- Headlight washers
- 20-inch forged alloy wheels in Pirelli P-Zero 3 Season tyres
- Automatic headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Power tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel
- Active noise cancelling
The 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee requires servicing every 12 months or 12,000km.
In addition to a five-year, 100,000km warranty, Jeep offers five years of capped-price servicing. Each service costs $799.