The 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe is available with two different powertrains that are both available across four different trim levels. Prices start from $43,000 before on-road costs for the base Active V6 to $60,500 before on-road costs for the Highlander diesel.
The current Santa Fe is the fourth generation of the nameplate and battles rivals like the Mazda CX-9 and Toyota Kluger. A redesigned model is due later this year, while buyers looking for even more space in a Hyundai will soon be able to buy the made-for-America Palisade SUV.
- 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Active V6: $43,000
- 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Active diesel: $46,000
- 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Active X V6: $47,020
- 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Active X diesel: $50,050
- 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Elite V6: $51,000
- 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Elite diesel: $54,000
- 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander V6: $57,500
- 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander diesel: $60,500
All prices are before on-road costs.
The 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe range comes with a choice of two powertrains, available across all four trim levels.
All front-wheel drive Santa Fe models use a naturally-aspirated 3.5-litre V6 engine producing 206kW and 336Nm, mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
All-wheel drive models use a 2.2-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine producing 147kW and 440Nm, also mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission.
The 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe consumes 10.6L/100km on the ADR combined city and highway cycle when equipped with the V6 engine. It runs on 91RON regular unleaded fuel.
Turbo-diesel models are more efficient, using 7.5L/100km on the combined cycle.
The 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe measures 4770mm long, 1680mm tall (1705mm with roof rails) and 1890mm in width.
The Hyundai Santa Fe’s total luggage space is 547L, increasing to a maximum of 1625L with the second and third rows folded.
When the Hyundai Santa Fe was tested by ANCAP in 2018, it received a rating of five stars.
That rating was based on an adult occupant protection score of 94 per cent, child occupant protection of 86 per cent, pedestrian protection of 67 per cent and safety assist of 78 per cent.
All 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe models come standard with autonomous emergency braking with forward-collision warning, as well as blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert and lane-keeping assist.
There are also front, front-side and curtain airbags for the first row, as well as curtain airbags for the second row.
The base Santa Fe Active comes with the following standard features:
- Reversing camera and rear parking sensors
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop&Go
- 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Fog lights
- Electronic parking brake
- Six-speaker sound system
The Active X adds the following:
- Leather seats
- Dual-zone climate control
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Keyless entry and start
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Rear privacy glass
- Front parking sensors
- Power-folding exterior mirrors with puddle lamps
- Cooled glovebox
- Knit fabric roof lining
Next rung up is the Santa Fe Elite, which adds the following:
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Satellite navigation
- Infinity 10-speaker premium sound system
- DAB+ digital radio
- Power tailgate
- 10-way power driver’s seat and 8-way power passenger’s seat
- Paddle shifters
The range-topping Santa Fe Highlander adds the following features:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- Head-up display
- Advanced parking assist
- 360-degree camera
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated second-row seats
- LED headlights
The 2020 Hyundai Santa Fe requires servicing every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first.
Hyundai offers a Lifetime Service Plan with capped-price services over the course of the Santa Fe’s five-year, unlimited kilometre warranty. The average cost of a service over this period is $342 for the V6 and $419 for the diesel.