- Hyundai’s large cargo van is only available with a diesel engine
- Pricing kicks off at $39,290 before on-road costs
- Comes as a three-seater or a six-seater Crew Van
The 2020 Hyundai iLoad range starts at $39,290 before on-road costs for the base iLoad with a manual transmission to $44,840 before on-road costs for the Crew Van with rear swing doors and an automatic transmission.
Along with its people mover sibling, the iMax, the iLoad received a refresh for 2019 but dates back to 2008. It serves as Hyundai’s rival for the Toyota HiAce and Ford Transit Custom.
- 2020 Hyundai iLoad manual – $39,290
- 2020 Hyundai iLoad auto – $42,290
- 2020 Hyundai iLoad Crew Van manual – $41,290
- 2020 Hyundai iLoad Crew Van auto – $44,290
Rear swing doors add an extra $550 to these prices.
All prices are before on-road costs.
The 2020 Hyundai iLoad is available only with rear-wheel drive and a single engine, a 2.5-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder producing 125kW and 441Nm.
It’s mated to a six-speed manual or five-speed automatic transmission.
The 2020 Hyundai iLoad consumes 7.6L/100km on the combined cycle when equipped with the standard manual transmission and 8.8L/100km with the automatic.
The 2020 Hyundai iLoad measures 5150mm long, 1925mm tall and 1920mm wide.
The Hyundai iMax has 4426L of volume in its cargo area or 2511L in the six-seater Crew Van.
The 2020 Hyundai iLoad received a four-star ANCAP rating when it was assessed in 2011.
That rating was based on a frontal offset score of 9.81 out of 16 and a side impact score of 16 out of 16. Pedestrian protection was rated as Poor.
All 2020 Hyundai iMax models come standard with anti-lock brakes and front and front-side airbags.
The 2020 Hyundai iLoad comes standard with the following features:
- 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Dual sliding doors
- Cruise control (automatic)
- Tilt and telescoping steering column
- Reversing camera
- Remote central locking
- Two-speaker sound system
- Front power windows
- Air conditioning
The 2020 Hyundai iLoad requires servicing every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first.
Hyundai offers a Lifetime Service Plan with capped-price services over the course of the iLoad’s five-year, unlimited kilometre warranty. The average cost of a service over this period is $391.60.