The Audi A5 family has been refreshed for 2020, with updated models now available in local showrooms.
As before, it’s available in 40 TFSI and 45 TFSI variants across two-door coupe, two-door convertible, and five-door liftback body styles and with either front-wheel drive or quattro all-wheel drive.
Both turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engines now feature 12V mild-hybrid technology, though power and torque figures are essentially unchanged.
Cosmetic differences include a thicker frame for the grille, a new honeycomb insert within, and ventilation slots above; there’s also a restyled rear diffuser.
All A5 models also now feature Audi’s Matrix LED headlights as standard while inside, there’s the latest version of Audi’s infotainment system with a larger, 10.1-inch touchscreen.
- 2020 Audi A5 40 TFSI coupe: $71,900
- 2020 Audi A5 Sportback 40 TFSI: $71,900
- 2020 Audi A5 45 TFSI quattro coupe: $79,900
- 2020 Audi A5 Sportback 45 TFSI quattro: $79,900
- 2020 Audi A5 Cabriolet 40 TFSI: $85,400
- 2020 Audi A5 Cabriolet 45 TFSI quattro: $93,400
All prices exclude on-road costs.
2020 Audi A5 40 TFSI models use a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine with a 12V mild-hybrid system. It produces 140kW of power and 320Nm of torque and is mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
Audi claims 0-100km/h times of 7.3, 7.5 and 7.9 seconds for the coupe, Sportback and Cabriolet, respectively.
The A5 45 TFSI also uses a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine with a 12V mild-hybrid system and a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. It produces 183kW of power and 370Nm of torque.
Audi claims 0-100km/h times of 5.8, 6.0 and 6.5 seconds for the coupe, Sportback and Cabriolet, respectively.
40 TFSI models are front-wheel drive while 45 TFSI models are all-wheel drive.
The 2020 Audi A5 40 TFSI consumes 6.4L/100km on the combined cycle in the coupe, 6.5L/100km in the Sportback and 6.7L/100km in the Cabriolet.
The Audi A5 45 TFSI consumes 7.1L/100km in both the coupe and the Sportback and 7.4L/100km in the Cabriolet.
The 2020 Audi A5 coupe measures 4697mm long, 1371mm tall and 1846mm wide (excluding mirrors).
The A5 Sportback measures 4757mm long, 1386mm tall and 1843mm wide, while the Cabriolet measures 4679mm long, 1384mm tall and 1846mm wide.
Total luggage space is 450L in the coupe, 480L in the Sportback and 375L in the Cabriolet.
The Audi A5 has an ANCAP rating of five stars, based on Euro NCAP testing conducted in 2015 of the related A4. The A5 Cabriolet hasn’t been tested.
The five-star rating was based on an adult occupant protection score of 89 per cent, child occupant protection score of 87 per cent, vulnerable road user protection score of 75 per cent and a safety assist score of 75 per cent.
All 2020 Audi A5 models come standard with autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection, as well as lane-keeping assist, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, an active bonnet, and an exit warning system.
The A5 Cabriolet has front and front-side airbags, with the coupe adding curtain airbags front and rear and side airbags for the rear.
The A5 40 TFSI comes standard with the following equipment:
- 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, DAB+ digital radio and satellite navigation
- 12.3-inch Virtual Cockpit digital instrument cluster
- 10-speaker sound system
- Audi connect plus with navigation, security and assistance services
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop&Go and traffic jam assist
- Reversing camera with front and rear parking sensors
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
- 360-degree camera
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Matrix LED headlights with dynamic cornering lights, adaptive high-beam and dynamic indicators
- Proximity entry with push-button start
- Wireless phone charging
- Power tailgate (Sportback only)
- Power-folding exterior mirrors
- Power front sport seats with four-way lumbar
- Driver’s seat memory
- Leather upholstery
- Split-folding rear seats (40:20:40 for coupe and Sportback, 50:50 for Cabriolet)
- Tri-zone climate control
- Ambient lighting
- Paddle shifters
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Automatic headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
The 45 TFSI adds:
- Head-up display
Optional on both models are adaptive suspension and the Premium Plus and S Line packages.
The Premium Plus package adds:
- 19-speaker Bang & Olfsen premium surround sound system
- Selectable colour ambient lighting
- Audi laser light high-beam
- Head-up display (on the 40 TFSI only)
- Privacy glass
The S Line package adds:
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Stainless steel pedals
- Perforated leather-wrapped shifter
- Contrasting stitching
- Sports steering wheel
- 20-inch alloy wheels
A carbon and black package is also available on the 45 TFSI.
Audi offers both a three-year and a five-year servicing plan, priced at $1800 and $2820, respectively.