The 2014-15 Nissan Pathfinder is being recalled due to a fault with a relay.
“The stop lamp relay may stick in the ON position,” the company says in its recall notice.
If the relay stays on, Nissan says the following may occur:
- The brake lights may remain illuminated.
- There could be a loss of engine power.
- You may be able to shift the vehicle out of park or start the engine without pressing the brake pedal.
In turn, there could be a greater risk of an accident and injury or death to vehicle occupants or other road users.
- A total of 14,460 vehicles are affected
- Vehicles were available for sale from 25 September, 2013 to 31 January, 2017
- The VIN list is attached here
- The original recall notice is attached here
If you own an affected vehicle, Nissan will contact you and you’ll need to take it to a Nissan dealer for a free inspection and repair.
If necessary, Nissan will reposition the stop lamp switch and replace the relay.
If you have any further questions, you can contact Nissan Customer Service on 1800 035 035 on weekdays between 8:30am and 6:00pm AEST.