After 8 days of testing, we finally have a winner in our inaugural CarExpert Ute of the Year awards!
Mitsubishi Triton vs Ford Ranger Comparison
How they stack...
- Cyber Orange looks tough
- Clever rear racking system is genuinely useful
- Meaningful suspension upgrades for a reasonable price
- Interior upgrades are limited
- 2.0-litre power only
- Suspension upgrades come at a cost in town
|Apple CarPlay and Android Auto|
|Wireless phone charger|
|Rear air vents|
|Adaptive cruise control|
|Autonomous emergency braking|
- Pearlescent Paint (+$740)
- Prestige Paint (+$700)
The 2023 Mitsubishi Triton is available in the following colours:
The Triton is available in the following colours:
- White (GLX, GLX+, GLX-R, GLS)
- Sterling Silver metallic (GLX, GLX+, GLX-R, GLS)
- Graphite Grey metallic (GLX, GLX+, GLX-R, GLS)
- Red (GLX+, GLX-R, GLS)
- Impulse Blue metallic (GLX+, GLX-R, GLS)
- Black Mica (GLX+, GLX-R, GLS, GSR)
- White Diamond (GLX-R, GLS)
- Sunflare Orange (GSR)
The GLX-R gains a Diamond White option.
The range-topping Triton GSR is offered in:
- White Diamond
- Sunflare Orange
- Graphite Grey
Ford is giving its gen-two Ranger and Ranger Raptor a handful of colours including some brilliant bright colours for the alter, including one exclusive to the flagship ute.
However, if you like 50 shades of grey – or, in this case, three – you’ll still have some options that’ll suit.
The colour palette comprises the following:
- Absolute Black
- Arctic White
- Blue Lightning
- Meteor Grey
- Sedona Orange
- Luxe Yellow (Wildtrak only)
- Code Orange (Raptor only)
- Conquer Grey (Raptor only)
It's cheaper than an up-spec Ranger or HiLux but pricier than a Chinese or Korean ute. Does that make the Mitsubishi Triton the best compromise?
The Ford Ranger Wildtrak X has touched down to fill yet another niche in the booming dual-cab ute space in Australia.
|TURBO DIESEL DIR INJ||TURBO CDI, BI TURBO CDI, TWIN TURBO DIR F/INJ|
|2442||1996 - 2990|
|DIESEL TURBO 4||DIESEL TURBO 4, DIESEL TURBO V6, BI TURBO DIESEL 4, DIESEL TWIN TURBO 4, TWIN TURBO V6|
|DUAL OVERHEAD CAM||DUAL OVERHEAD CAM, VARIABLE DOUBLE OVERHEAD CAM|
|Valves/Ports per Cylinder|
|133kW||125kW - 292kW|
|3500||3250 - 5650|
|430Nm||405Nm - 600Nm|
|15.5||15.8 - 16.3|