The Tank 300 off-roader has yet to reach dealers, but already GWM has expanded the local line-up.
UPDATE, 05/06/2023 – GWM has provided updated fuel economy information for the Tank 300.
They’re priced at $46,990 and $50,990 drive-away, savings of $9000 and $10,000 compared with the electrified models. ABN pricing offer is also available.
GWM says customers should be able to view and/or test-drive petrol models at its dealers in the coming days, before customer deliveries begin. It has yet to confirm timing for hybrid arrivals.
They use a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine producing 162kW of power and 380Nm of torque, mated with an eight-speed automatic transmission and a part-time four-wheel drive system.
GWM claims combined cycle fuel economy of 9.5L/100km, running on regular unleaded fuel. Braked towing capacity is 2500kg.
Standard equipment on the Lux includes:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights
- Side steps
- Roof rails
- Comfort-Tek leather upholstery
- Six-way power driver’s seat
- Four-way power passenger seat
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Nine-speaker sound system
- Locking rear differential
- Turning Assist
- Surround-view camera with transparent chassis function
- All-Terrain mode selection
The Ultra adds:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Nappa leather-accented seats
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Eight-way power driver’s seat with lumbar adjustment and massage
- Nine-speaker Infinity sound system
- 64-colour ambient lighting
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Wireless phone charger
- 220V power outlet
- Locking front differential
Both models feature a suite of safety technology, comprising:
- Seven airbags
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Lane-keep assist
- Emergency lane-keeping
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Adaptive cruise control
- Traffic sign recognition
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Front and rear parking sensors
Both models are also backed by GWM’s seven-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty, with five years of roadside assistance and capped-price servicing. GWM has yet to announce service pricing for the petrol Tank 300.
Fossil Grey paint is standard, with Lunar Red, Dusk Orange, Pearl White and Crystal Black costing an extra $595.
MORE: Everything GWM Tank 300