GWM Haval Australia continues to expand its range of so-called New Energy Vehicles (NEV), confirming the launch of a more affordable H6 Lux Hybrid.
On sale now and priced from $42,490 drive-away, the 2023 GWM Haval H6 Lux Hybrid represents a $3500 saving compared to the H6 Ultra Hybrid flagship, and a $5500 premium over the petrol-powered H6 Lux.
As with the Ultra Hybrid, the H6 Lux HEV is powered by a 1.5-litre turbocharged petrol engine teamed with a 130kW electric drive motor and electronically controlled DHT (Dedicated Hybrid Transmission).
System outputs are rated at 179kW and 530Nm, with drive sent exclusively to the front wheels. GWM Haval claims combined fuel economy of 5.2 litres per 100km using 91 RON regular unleaded. By comparison, 2.0T FWD versions of the Haval H6 quote 7.4L/100km on the combined cycle.
GWM Haval hasn’t supplied images of an Australian-spec H6 Lux HEV just yet.
The brand says it will feature the exterior look of the Ultra HEV, which includes a unique front grille, rear centre brake lights and HEV badging, but with smaller 18-inch alloy wheels shared with the petrol-powered H6 Lux.
H6 Lux highlights include:
- Comfort-Tek leather seats
- 8-way electric driver seat incl. lumbar support
- Heated front seats
- 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 8-speaker DTS sound system
- Apple CarPlay, Android Auto
- Auto anti-glare rear-view mirrors
- Power-adjustable, electric folding side mirrors
- 7 airbags incl. front-centre airbag
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Intelligent Cornering Control
- Emergency Lane Keep
- Forward collision warning
- Lane departure warning
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane centring assist
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Pedestrian, cyclist detection
- Crossroads assist
- Traffic sign recognition
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane Change Assist
- Rear collision warning
- Door Open Warning
- Traffic Jam Assist
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Driver fatigue detection
- Front, rear parking sensors
- 360-degree cameras
As with the wider GWM range, the H6 Lux HEV is covered by a seven-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty and five years of roadside assistance and capped-price servicing.
Further, the hybrid battery components are warrantied for eight years.
The 2023 GWM Haval H6 Lux Hybrid is also covered by the model line’s five-star ANCAP safety rating.
- H6 Premium 2.0T 2WD: $33,990
- H6 Lux 2.0T 2WD: $36,990
- H6 Ultra 2.0T 2WD: $39,990
- H6 Lux HEV 2WD: $42,490
- H6 Ultra 2.0T 4WD: $42,990
- H6 Ultra HEV 2WD: $45,990
Prices are drive-away
MORE: Everything GWM Haval H6