The SsangYong Rexton gets a new interior design for 2024, as well as a new mid-spec Adventure model.
It’s on sale this month, with vehicles already arriving in Australia.
There’s a new dashboard with a larger, free-standing 12.3-inch touchscreen display and touch-capacitive climate control switchgear.
The air vents are now horizontally oriented and “hidden” within a trim element stretching across much of the dashboard. USB-C outlets also replace USB-A ones.
But the Rexton is unchanged mechanically, and continues to miss out on adaptive cruise control.
The base ELX is now $1010 more expensive but it has lost some standard equipment.
Fabric upholstery replaces leatherette, while it no longer has heated and ventilated front seats or heated rear seats.
The Adventure adds a power tailgate, heated steering wheel, speed-sensitive power steering, and tyre-pressure monitoring.
All models use an unchanged 2.2-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine producing 150kW of power and 441Nm of torque, mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission and a part-time four-wheel drive system.
However, SsangYong says the Rexton has new lower body mounts to give it a “more rounded feel from secondary ride inputs”.
- 2024 SsangYong Rexton ELX: $50,000 (+$1010)
- 2024 SsangYong Rexton Adventure: $54,000 (NEW)
- 2024 SsangYong Rexton Ultimate: $58,000 (+$1415)
All prices are drive-away.
The 2024 SsangYong Rexton uses a 2.2-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine with 149kW of power at 3800rpm and 441Nm of torque between 1600 and 2600 rpm. It’s mated with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
All Rextons have a part-time four-wheel drive system with selectable low-range gearing and an automatically locking rear differential.
Braked towing capacity is 3500kg, while a full-size alloy spare is standard.
The 2024 SsangYong Rexton uses 8.7L/100km on the combined cycle and has a 70L fuel tank. It meets Euro 6 emissions standards.
The 2024 SsangYong Rexton measures 4850mm long, 1960mm wide and 1825mm tall (including the roof rails), riding a 2865mm wheelbase.
The Rexton has 236L of luggage space behind the third row, expanding to 641L with it dropped (measured to the seatbacks) and 1806L with both the second and third rows folded (measured to the roof).
The SsangYong Rexton is backed by a seven-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Servicing is required every 12 months or 15,000km, with the first seven services capped at $375. You can view a full breakdown of each service on the SsangYong website.
The current-generation SsangYong Rexton, like the related Musso ute, has never been assessed by Euro NCAP or ANCAP.
Standard safety equipment across the range includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Forward collision warning
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Leading vehicle departure alert
- Reversing camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Front, front-side and curtain airbags
- Driver’s knee airbag
The Ultimate uniquely offers a surround-view camera.
The ELX comes standard with the following equipment:
- Seven seats
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic LED headlights
- Automatic high-beam
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Six-speaker sound system
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Paddle shifters
- Steering height and reach adjustment
- Dual-zone climate control
- Electric park brake with auto hold
- Keyless entry and start
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Front auto up/down power windows
The Adventure adds:
- Power tailgate
- Leatherette upholstery
- Power-adjustable front seats
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated outboard second-row seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Speed-sensitive power steering
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Keyless entry with walk-away auto locking
The Ultimate adds:
- Power single-pane sunroof
- Quilted leather upholstery
- Surround-view camera
- Third-row climate controls
- Ambient lighting
- Illuminated scuff plates
- Privacy glass
- Rear auto up/down power windows
The optional Sport Pack ($2000) adds:
- 20-inch alloy wheels with shadow chrome finish
- Black roof rails
- LED front fog lights with shadow chrome surrounds
- Shadow chrome front grille, tailgate, and rear bumper garnish
Grand White is standard, with the following metallic finishes costing an extra $595.
- Pearl White
- Graphite (NEW)
- Space Black
- Marble Grey
- Atlantic Blue