The facelifted eighth-generation Hyundai Sonata sedan will continue in Australia solely as a single, fully loaded N Line model.
Starting at $55,500 before on-roads, this updated Hyundai Sonata N Line is $3435 more expensive than the pre-update version.
Externally, the updated Sonata N Line receives refreshed 19-inch alloy wheels, redesigned front and rear bumpers, new ‘H’ rear lighting signature, a hands-free power boot lid, as well as a matte exterior paint option for the first time.
Inside there is a new curved display that houses the 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
Other interior changes include a steering column-mounted shift-by-wire gear selector, new steering wheel with a four-dot emblem, touch-type dual-zone climate control interface, 64-colour LED ambient interior lighting, acoustic laminated front glass, as well as front and rear USB-C ports.
The updated Sonata N Line also receives a five-year Bluelink connected services subscription that can be transferred to subsequent owners within the five-year period.
On the safety front, the updated Sonata N Line now receives Intelligent Speed Limit Assist as standard, as well as a tyre pressure monitoring system.
- 2024 Hyundai Sonata N Line: $55,500
Price is before on-road costs
The 2024 Hyundai Sonata N Line continues to be powered by a 2.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine producing 213kW of power and 422Nm of torque.
This is mated exclusively to an eight-speed wet dual-clutch automatic transmission with drive sent to the front wheels.
The 2024 Hyundai Sonata N Line has a claimed combined fuel economy of 8.1 litres per 100km.
It has a 60-litre fuel tank and requires a minimum of 91 RON regular unleaded petrol.
The 2024 Hyundai Sonata N Line measures 4910mm long, 1860mm wide, and 1445mm tall, with a 2840mm wheelbase.
With the rear seats upright there is 480 litres of boot capacity according to VDA standards. Hyundai Australia doesn’t quote a figure with the rear seats down.
The Sonata N Line has a braked towing capacity of 1400kg and an unbraked towing capacity of 700kg.
The 2024 Hyundai Sonata N Line is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Logbook servicing is required every 12 months or 10,000km, whichever comes first. The first five services are capped at $350 each.
The eighth-generation Hyundai Sonata has yet to be test by ANCAP or Euro NCAP.
The 2024 Hyundai Sonata N Line comes standard with the following safety equipment:
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Car detection
- Motorcycle detection
- Pedestrian detection
- Cyclist detection
- Direct oncoming function
- Junction assist
- Rear AEB
- Blind-spot assist
- Blind Spot View Monitor
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Safe Exit Assist
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane Following Assist (lane centring)
- Driver attention warning
- Lead vehicle departure alert
- Intelligent Speed Limit Assist
- Adaptive cruise control with stop & go
- Rear occupant alert
- Surround-view camera
- Front, side and rear parking sensors
- Tyre pressure monitoring system
The 2024 Hyundai Sonata N Line has the following standard equipment:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Space-saver spare wheel
- Automatic projector LED headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- LED positioning lamp
- LED combination tail lights
- Dynamic welcome lighting
- Acoustic laminated front glass
- Panoramic glass sunroof
- Hands-free power boot lid
- N Line body kit
- Quad exhaust tips
- 12.3-inch curved digital instrument cluster
- 12.3-inch curved touchscreen infotainment system
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Eight-speaker Bose sound system
- Head-up display
- Wireless phone charger
- 64-colour LED ambient interior lighting
- Steering column-mounted shift-by-wire gear selector
- Electric parking brake
- Power rear sunshade
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Suede and Nappa leather upholstery
- 12-way power adjustable driver’s seat
- Four-way power adjustable front passenger’s seat
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated outboard rear seats
The Sonata N Line also receives a complimentary five-year Bluelink connected services subscription, which includes the following:
- Automatic collision notification
- Emergency call function
- Connected routing
- Natural language-based voice recognition
- Valet mode
- Cloud-based weather information
- Calendar sync
- Destination send-to-car
- Last mile navigation
- Remote services
- Remote vehicle check
- Car health
- Find My Car
- Cloud backups
- Remote surround-view camera monitoring
- Over-the-air software and firmware updates
The 2024 Hyundai Sonata N Line is available in the following exterior paint colours:
- Serenity White
- Biophilic Ink
- Abyss Black
- Nocturne Grey
- Ultimate Red
- Aero Silver matte
All the paint colours besides Serenity White cost an additional $595 besides Aero Silver matte which costs an additional $1000.