The Honda HR-V enters 2024 with the same price and equipment list as featured in 2023.
Honda is currently offering the base-model Vi X for $34,900 drive-away instead of $36,700, though it says the offer is valid only until December 31, 2023.
There are two variants of the HR-V.
The flagship e:HEV L features a hybrid powertrain and additional features including leatherette and cloth upholstery, heated front seats, and additional safety tech including blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert among other features.
- 2024 Honda HR-V Vi X: $36,700
- 2024 Honda HR-V e:HEV L: $47,000
All prices are drive-away.
The 2024 Honda HR-V Vi X is powered by a naturally aspirated 1.5-litre four-cylinder engine producing 89kW of power at 6600rpm and 145Nm at 4300rpm. It’s mated with a continuously variable transmission (CVT).
The e:HEV L uses a 1.5-litre four-cylinder hybrid powertrain. Total outputs are 96kW (4000-8000rpm) and 253Nm (0-3500rpm). It’s mated to an e-CVT.
The 2024 Honda HR-V uses 5.8L/100km on the combined cycle in Vi X guise and 4.3L/100km in the hybrid e:HEV L.
Both models have a 40L fuel tank and run on 91 RON regular unleaded fuel.
The 2024 Honda HR-V measures 4335mm long, 1790mm wide, 1590mm tall and rides a 2610mm wheelbase.
Boot space measures 304L with the rear seats up, expanding to 956L with the rear seats folded measured to the window or 1274L measured to the roof. Under the boot floor is a tyre repair kit.
The HR-V has 195mm of ground clearance and weighs 1267kg in petrol guise and 1382kg as a hybrid.
The HR-V is covered by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty, with an eight-year IMA battery module warranty for the hybrid.
The first five services are capped at $199 each. Servicing is required every 12 months or 10,000km, whichever comes first.
The HR-V has a four-star safety rating from ANCAP on the back of testing conducted in 2022.
It received an adult occupant protection rating of 82 per cent, a child occupant protection rating of 77 per cent, a vulnerable road user protection rating of 72 per cent, and a safety assist rating of 69 per cent.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane-departure warning
- Road Departure Mitigation System
- Adaptive cruise control with low-speed follow
- Traffic sign recognition
- Reversing camera with front and rear parking sensors
- Front, front-side and curtain airbags
The e:HEV L also includes blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert.
Standard equipment on the Vi X includes:
- 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation
- Wireless Apple CarPlay
- Wired Android Auto
- DAB+ digital radio
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights
- Automatic high-beam
- Automatic headlights
- Keyless entry and start
- Privacy glass
- Single-zone climate control
- Four-speaker sound system
- Power windows with auto up/down for driver’s door
- Electric parking brake with auto hold
- Tilt and telescopic steering wheel adjustment
- Hill descent control
- 7.0-inch digital instrument display with analogue dials
The e:HEV L additionally includes:
- Acoustic windscreen
- LED active cornering lights
- Dual-zone climate control
- Heated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Six-speaker sound system
- Hands-free power tailgate with walk-away close
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Intelligent speed limiter
- Rear air vents and USB ports
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror
- Paddle shifters
- Power windows with auto up/down for all doors
- LED fog lights
- Leatherette upholstery with fabric seats
- Auto-Rain sensing wipers
- Front sequential turn signals
- Heated side mirrors
The HR-V is available in the following colours:
- Premium Opal pearlescent
- Platinum White pearlescent
- Crystal Black pearlescent
- Meteoroid Grey metallic
- Premium Crystal Red metallic