Genesis has simplified its GV70 range for 2024, axing its slow-selling turbo-diesel option.
While the company has yet to detail pricing and specification changes (if any) for the Electrified GV70, it has confirmed the combustion-powered range is unchanged apart from the death of the diesel.
Pricing is up by $2000 across the board, with Genesis citing increased manufacturing and transport costs.
Any orders placed from September 1, 2023 onwards will be at 2024 pricing, though orders placed before that date are price-protected – even if the delivery takes place after September 1.
The brand says it has axed the 2.2D to “reduce complexity” and “as a step towards electrification of the Genesis range”.
The 2.2D accounted for less than five per cent of GV70 sales.
- 2024 Genesis GV70 2.5T RWD: $70,500 (+$2000)
- 2024 Genesis GV70 2.5T AWD: $72,900 (+$2000)
- 2024 Genesis GV70 3.5T AWD Sport: $85,100 (+$2030)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The Genesis GV70 is available with a choice of two petrol engines.
The base engine is a turbocharged 2.5-litre four-cylinder, producing 224kW of power and 422Nm of torque and available with either rear- or all-wheel drive.
Above it sits a twin-turbocharged 3.5-litre V6 producing 279kW and 530Nm, available only with all-wheel drive.
All GV70 models use an eight-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Genesis claims a 0-100km/h time of 6.1 seconds in 2.5T variants and 5.1 seconds with the 3.5T.
The 2024 Genesis GV70 uses 9.8L/100km on the combined cycle in 2.5T RWD guise, 10.3L/100km in the 2.5T AWD, and 11.3L/100km in the 3.5T.
All models require 95 RON premium unleaded fuel and have a 66L fuel tank.
The 2024 Genesis GV70 measures 4715mm long, 1910mm wide and 1630mm tall on a 2875mm wheelbase.
It has 542L of boot space, expanding to 1678L with the rear seats folded. All models have a space-saver spare.
Braked towing capacity is 2200kg across the range, while unbraked is 750kg.
Tare mass is 1908kg in the 2.5T RWD, 1973kg in the 2.5T AWD, and 2038kg in the 3.5T.
Minimum ground clearance across the range, measured to the rear cross member, is 185mm.
The Genesis GV70 has a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
It also has free scheduled servicing for the first five years or 75,000km.
Genesis also offers the GV70 with five years of free 24/7 roadside assistance and valet service, where Genesis Concierge Service will pick up your GV70 when it’s due for scheduled servicing and leave you with a Genesis courtesy vehicle provided you’re within 70km of a Genesis retail location.
The Genesis GV70 has a five-star safety rating from ANCAP. This applies to all combustion and electric variants bar the 3.5T, which remains unrated.
The GV70 received scores of 89 per cent for adult occupant protection, 89 per cent for child occupant protection, 64 per cent for vulnerable road user protection and 87 per cent for safety assist.
Standard safety equipment across the range includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Car, pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Junction and lane-change oncoming/side assist
- Evasive steering assist
- Blind-spot assist
- Blind-Spot View Monitor
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane Following Assist (lane centring)
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Intelligent speed limit assist
- Safe exit assist
- Adaptive cruise control
- Overtaking Acceleration Assist
- Driver attention monitoring
- Sensor-based rear occupant alert
- Surround-view camera
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Projected reversing lights
- Eight airbags (front, front-side, curtain and front-centre)
- Active bonnet
The optional Luxury Package adds reverse AEB and forward attention warning.
All Genesis GV70 models come standard with the following equipment:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Automatic high-beam
- LED headlights
- Panoramic sunroof
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Acoustic laminated windshield and front door glass
- Power-folding exterior mirrors
- Puddle lights with Genesis logo
- 14.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wired Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Satellite navigation with augmented reality
- DAB+ digital radio
- 8.0-inch instrument cluster screen
- Nine-speaker sound system
- Wireless phone charger
- Dual-zone climate control with second-row temperature control and vents
- Colour-adjustable ambient lighting
- Leather upholstery
- Leather-appointed dashboard, centre console and door trims
- 12-way power front seats with memory
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Power-adjustable steering column
- Reclining rear seats
- Remote start
- Keyless entry and start
- Fingerprint authentication system
- Power-adjustable steering column adjustment
- 60:40 split/fold rear seats
- Hands-free power tailgate
- Manual rear door sunshades
- 2 x 12V outlets (centre console, boot)
- 3 x USB-A outlets (1 x front, 2 x rear)
The Sport Line package adds:
- Sport brake package
- Larger dual exhaust outlets
- Sport+ drive mode
- Sport Line exterior package with gloss black grille, front skid plate and roof grilles plus dark chrome trim
- Nappa leather and suede upholstery
- Suede headliner and pillars
- Sport three-spoke steering wheel
- Aluminium pedals
- Aluminium trim
- Sport gauges for oil temperature, torque and turbo boost
- 19-inch Sport Line alloy wheels
The 3.5T AWD Sport adds the features of the Sport Line package plus:
- 21-inch alloy wheels
- Limited-slip differential
- Road-Preview adaptive suspension
The Luxury Package adds:
- Adaptive LED headlights
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Rear privacy glass
- 21-inch alloy wheels
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster with 3D function
- 12.0-inch head-up display
- 16-speaker Lexicon by Harman sound system
- Remote Smart Parking Assist
- 18-way power driver’s seat
- Massaging front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Heated rear seats (base, backrest and bolsters for outboard seats, base for centre seat)
- Three-zone climate control
- Memory for the cushion support, side bolster and head-up display
The GV70 is available in the following gloss finishes:
- Uyuni White
- Savile Silver
- Makalu Grey (3.5T only)
- Vik Black
- Capri Blue
- Barossa Burgundy (2.5T only)
- Mauna Red (3.5T only)
The following matte finishes are available for an extra $2000 on the 3.5T Sport Line with the Luxury Package:
- Makalu Grey
- Matterhorn White
There’s a wide range of interior colourways available, depending on the variant and exterior colour. These comprise:
- Obsidian Black
- Vanilla Beige
- Havana Brown
- Velvet Burgundy
- Ultramarine Blue
- Sevilla Red
MORE: Everything Genesis GV70