The 2024 Genesis G70 range gets more technology but now consists of just two variants.
The updated BMW 3 Series rival, which is available now, comes exclusively in 2.0T Shooting Brake Sport Line Luxury and 3.3T Sport Luxury sedan variants.
You can no longer get the four-cylinder engine with the sedan body style, nor can you get the twin-turbo V6 without the Luxury Package. The pared-down range means the cost of entry into the G70 range has leapt by $18,000.
The G70 sedan gets a new generation of Genesis’ Electronic Control Suspension, with overhauled hydraulics and a new control system.
Genesis says the changes result in reduced damping lag and increased damping force resolution, as well as a wider damping force window between soft and hard.
There are no other mechanical changes to the Australian-market G70 for 2024, which means we miss out on the more powerful turbocharged 2.5-litre four-cylinder engine introduced for other markets.
The Australian-market G70 Shooting Brake will continue to use a turbo 2.0-litre four with 179kW of power and 353Nm of torque, down 48kW and 69Nm on the new 2.5T.
As before, the 3.3-litre twin-turbo V6 remains exclusive to the sedan body style, however this is the case in all markets.
Standard on both G70 models is Intelligent Speed Limit Assist, which uses both navigation data and traffic sign recognition to detect the speed limit and allows the driver to easily change the set speed.
Cosmetic changes include new, thinner emblems, new wheel designs, and additional exterior colours (Vatna Grey and Kawah Blue gloss).
Inside, there’s a new 6.0-inch touch-capacitive climate control panel, as well as an updated steering wheel with a new emblem and multifunction switch, and an extra USB outlet in the back.
A Fog Grey interior colourway joins the existing Obsidian Black and Sevilla Red.
The G70 range gets Genesis Connected Services, with all buyers getting a complimentary five-year subscription.
This includes the following features inside the vehicle:
- Automatic collision notification
- SOS emergency call function
- Live traffic information
- Weather information
- Valet Mode
- Voice assistant for vehicle functions
- Vehicle diagnostics
- Calendar integration
You can also use the following features with the Genesis smartphone app:
- Remote adjustment of climate control, locks, windows etc
- Rear seat passenger alert
- Parked vehicle location
- Speed, geo fence and time fence alerts
- Vehicle health report
- Remote surround-view camera access
- 2024 Genesis G70 2.0T Shooting Brake Sport Line Luxury: $81,000 (+$4273)
- 2024 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport Luxury sedan: $88,000 (+$3676)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2024 Genesis G70 2.0T Shooting Brake is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder with 179kW of power and 353Nm of torque, mated with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
The G70 3.3T sedan uses a twin-turbocharged 3.3-litre V6 with 274kW and 510Nm, mated with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
All Australian-market G70s are rear-wheel drive.
The 2024 Genesis G70 uses 9.1L/100km on the combined cycle in Shooting Brake guise and 10.2L/100km as a sedan.
All models require 95RON premium unleaded fuel and have a 60L fuel tank.
The Genesis G70 Shooting Brake measures 4685mm long, 1850mm wide and 1400mm tall, with a 2835mm wheelbase. It has 465L of cargo space.
The Genesis G70 sedan measures 4685mm long, 1850mm wide and 1400mm tall on a 2835mm wheelbase. It has 330L of luggage space.
All Genesis G70 models come with a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty (for privately operated vehicles) and five years or 50,000km of complimentary scheduled servicing; servicing is required every 12 months or 10,000km.
Genesis also includes 10-year, unlimited-kilometre 24/7 roadside assistance, and a five-year/unlimited-kilometre offer of Genesis To You.
The latter includes courtesy vehicles and a concierge service, whereby owners within 70km driving distance of a Genesis Studio can have someone come to pick up their Genesis for servicing and leave them with a courtesy vehicle.
The Genesis G70 has a five-star rating from ANCAP, based on testing conducted by ANCAP in 2018.
It received an adult occupant protection score of 81 per cent, a child occupant protection score of 86 per cent, a vulnerable road user protection score of 69 per cent, and a safety assist score of 81 per cent.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- AEB with junction assist, pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Blind-spot assist
- Blind-Spot View Monitor
- Intelligent speed limit assist (NEW)
- Lane-keep assist
- Lane Following Assist (lane centring)
- Leading vehicle departure alert
- Multi-collision brake
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Surround-view camera
- Safe exit warning
- Rear occupant alert
- Front and rear parking sensors
- 10 airbags, including a front centre side airbag and rear side airbags
The G70 2.0T Shooting Brake Sport Line Luxury comes standard with the following equipment:
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- 225/40R19 + 255/35R19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres
- Space-saver spare
- High-performance dampers
- Brembo brakes
- Limited-slip differential
- Intelligent Front-Lighting System
- Automatic high-beam
- Acoustic laminated windscreen and front door glass
- Sport Line appearance package, with dark chrome grille and window surrounds, black grille insert
- Genesis Connected Services (NEW)
- Frameless electro-chromatic interior mirror (NEW)
- Electro-chromatic exterior mirrors
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Nappa leather upholstery
- Heated and ventilated front sport seats
- 16-way power driver’s seat with memory
- 12-way power passenger seat
- Heated rear seats
- Leather-wrapped dash, doors and console
- Alloy pedals
- Aluminium inlays
- Suede headliner and pillars
- Power tilt and telescopic steering wheel adjustment
- Keyless entry and start
- Dual-zone climate with touch controls (NEW)
- 12.3-inch 3D digital instrument cluster
- Head-up display
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation with live traffic
- DAB+ digital radio
- Wired Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Over-the-air updates (NEW)
- 15-speaker Lexicon sound system
The 3.3T Sport Luxury sedan adds:
- Electronic Control Suspension with Sport+ mode
- Active variable exhaust
Matte paint is a $2000 option.
There are 13 exterior colours available, including three matte finishes. New gloss finishes for 2024 are Vatna Grey and Kawah Blue.
There are three interior colourways available. These are:
- Fog Grey
- Obsidian Black
- Sevilla Red