Skoda cut back its Scala line-up in June 2022 and now only offers Ambition and Signature models.
The Ambition starts from $33,490 drive-away while the Signature carries a $41,490 drive-away price tag.
Skoda increased its pricing late last year with a $500 increase on the Ambition, while the Signature saw a $1000 increase in June and an additional $1500 at the end of 2022.
The Ambition has dropped its manual transmission and 110kW engine in favour of a turbocharged 1.0-litre three-cylinder engine that produces 85kW of power and 200Nm of torque.
The base model no longer has the option of the Tech Pack and Driver Support Pack which added of a larger screen, Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto, front parking sensors, blind-spot monitoring among other features.
Skoda uses a stretched version of the MQB A0 platform that also underpins the Volkswagen Polo.
Last year Skoda sold 175 examples of its Scala, it sat behind the Mazda 3 (4191), Kia Cerato (5878), Hyundai i30 (9951) as well as the segments top seller, the Toyota Corolla (10,549) thanks to a long list of semi-conductor shortages.
- 2023 Skoda Scala 85TSI Ambition: $33,490
- 2023 Skoda Scala 110TSI Signature: $41,490
All prices are drive-away
The range opens with a 1.0-litre turbocharged three-cylinder petrol engine that produces 85kW of power and 200Nm of torque.
The Signature receives a turbocharged 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine that produces 110kW of power and 250Nm of torque.
Both engines are mated with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and power the two front wheels.
The claimed combined fuel economy for the 2023 Skoda Scala with the 85kW engine is 5.3L/100km – it jumps slightly to 5.5L/100km for the 110kW engine.
All models have a 50L fuel tank and require 95 RON premium unleaded petrol.
The 2023 Skoda Scala measures in at 4362mm long, 1793mm wide and 1471mm tall, with a 2649mm wheelbase.
Boot capacity with the rear seats upright is 467L and with them folded it’s 1410L.
The Scala 85kW has a maximum braked towing capacity of 1200kg, with maximum unbraked towing capacity of 600kg, while the 110kW offers a maximum braked towing capacity of 1250kg, with a maximum unbraked towing capacity of 620kg.
The 2023 Skoda Scala, like the whole Skoda range, is covered by a seven-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
There’s also 12 months of complimentary roadside assist, renewed for 12 months more after each service with a Skoda dealer.
Scheduled servicing is required every 15,000km or 12 months, whichever occurs first.
Skoda offers its customers prepaid Service Packs and well as subscription based Servicing Plans.
Customers can purchase a seven year/105,000km ($2500), five year/75,000 ($1,800) or four year/60,000km servicing plans.
The 2023 Skoda Scala has a five-star ANCAP safety rating, based on testing conducted in 2019.
It scored 97 per cent for adult occupant protection, 87 per cent for child occupant protection, 81 per cent for vulnerable road user protection, and 76 per cent for safety assist.
Due to semiconductor shortages, Skoda offers blind-spot monitoring as an option on both Scala 85TSI Ambition and 110TSI Signature models.
The Skoda Scala range comes with the following safety features:
- Seven airbags including front, side, curtain and driver’s knee airbag
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Lane-keep assist
- Adaptive cruise control
- Driver fatigue detection
- Reversing camera
- Rear parking sensors
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Seat belt reminders for all seats
The 2023 Skoda Scala 85TSI Ambition comes standard with the following equipment:
- 18-inch silver Vega alloy wheels
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 10.25-inch Virtual Cockpit digital instrument cluster
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Privacy glass
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror
- Electric, heated and folding side mirrors
- Power tailgate
- Fabric upholstery
- Silver decorative dashboard insert
- Gloss black air vent frames
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- LED daytime running lights
- Front fog lights
- Rear LED fog light
- LED tail lights with dynamic indicators
- LED ambient lighting
- Rain-sensing window wipers
- Manual adjustable seat with driver’s side lumbar support
The top-of-the-range 110TSI Signature adds:
- 18-inch silver Vega alloy wheels
- 9.2-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Wireless charging pad
- Leather, leatherette and suede upholstery
- Front and rear heated seats
- Power-adjustable driver seat
- Latice Grey dashboard insert
- Copper air vent frames
- Chrome-plated window frames
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
- Keyless entry and start
- Dual-zone climate control with humidity sensor
- Voice control
Skoda Scala 85TSI Ambition and 110TSI Signature trims are available in the following exterior paint colours:
- Candy White
- Moon White Metallic
- Brilliant Silver Metallic
- Velvet Red Metallic
- Graphite Grey Metallic
- Race Blue Metallic
- Magic Black Pearl
Candy White is free, while the other metallic and pearl paint colours cost an additional $550. Velvet Red Metallic on the other hand costs $1100.
MORE: Everything Skoda Scala