After confirming pricing for its new ZR-V earlier this month, Honda Australia has now released full specifications for its new mid-sized crossover.
It’s on sale now.
It slots in between the HR-V and CR-V in Honda’s line-up and will compete against the likes of the Mazda CX-5 and Toyota RAV4; the next-generation CR-V, revealed last year but not yet introduced in Australia, has grown in size.
All models come with a five-year Honda Connect subscription, which allows you to use a smartphone app to remotely control the lights, climate control and door locks and to view information on the vehicle.
Other features include automatic collision detection and a geofence and speed alert.
UPDATE, 09:00am 18/07/2023 – Our review of the ZR-V is now live. Check it out here!
“The Honda ZR-V is Honda Australia’s first, brand-new core model to be introduced in Australia in 20 years. We are truly excited for the launch of the Honda ZR-V into the Australian market and to provide customers even more choice when considering the Honda brand” said Honda Australia director Carolyn McMahon.
- 2023 Honda ZR-V VTi X: $40,200
- 2023 Honda ZR-V VTi L: $43,200
- 2023 Honda ZR-V VTi LX: $48,500
- 2023 Honda ZR-V e:HEV LX: $54,900
All prices are drive-away.
The 2023 Honda ZR-V’s standard engine is a 1.5-litre turbocharged four producing 131kW of power and 240Nm of torque. It’s mated with a continuously variable transmission (CVT).
The e:HEV LX Hybrid features a 2.0-litre hybrid four-cylinder with two electric motors and an e-CVT. Total system outputs are 135kW and 315Nm.
The 2023 Honda ZR-V uses 7.0L/100km on the combined cycle in VTi X guise, 7.2L/100km in the VTi L and VTi LX, and 5.0L/100km in the e:HEV LX.
All models run on 91RON regular unleaded fuel and have a 57L fuel tank.
The 2023 Honda ZR-V measures 4568mm long, 1840mm wide and 1620mm tall on a 2655mm wheelbase.
Kerb weight is 1470kg in the VTi X, 1488kg in the VTi L, 1510kg in the VTi LX and 1586kg in the e:HEV LX.
Boot capacity is 380L in the VTi X and VTi L and 370L in the VTi LX and e:HEV LX.
This expands to 1312L or 1302L, respectively, with the rear seats folded and measured to the roof, or 876L/866L measured to the window.
All Honda ZR-V models are backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Servicing is required every 12 months or 10,000km, whichever comes first. The first five services are capped at $199 each.
The Honda ZR-V has yet to be tested by ANCAP.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Adaptive cruise control with low-speed follow
- Driver attention monitoring
- Lane-keep assist
- Traffic Jam Assist
- Traffic sign recognition
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- 11 airbags
- Dual front and front knee airbags
- Centre airbag
- Front and rear side airbags
- Full-length curtain airbags
VTi LX and above get blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert and a surround-view camera.
There are four variants in the ZR-V range.
The VTi X comes standard with the following equipment:
- Adaptive LED headlights
- Active cornering lights
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Hill descent control
- 9.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wireless Apple CarPlay
- Wired Android Auto
- 10.2-inch digital instrument cluster
- Eight-speaker sound system
- Black fabric upholstery
- Dual-zone climate control
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter
- Upholstered centre console with French stitching
- Front USB ports (1 x USB-A and 1 x USB-C)
- Rear USB ports (2 x USB-C)
- Rear air vents
- Space-saver spare wheel
- 60/40 split/fold rear seats
The VTi L adds:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Heated exterior mirrors
- Hands-free power tailgate with walk-away closing
- Rear privacy glass
- Combination LED tail lights
- Black leatherette upholstery
- Heated front seats
- Metal paddle shifters
- LED ambient lighting (roof)
The VTi LX adds:
- 18-inch two-tone alloy wheels
- Body-coloured lower bumpers and wheel arches
- Selectable drive modes (Sport, Normal, Economy)
- 12-speaker Bose sound system
- Wireless phone charger
- Satellite navigation
- Black leather upholstery
- Eight-way power driver’s seat with memory
- Four-way power passenger seat
- Heated rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Sports pedals
- ‘Door Line Illumination’
- Auto-tilting mirrors in reverse
- Plasmacluster air purification system
The e:HEV LX Hybrid features a hybrid powertrain, as well as:
- Smart key card
- Shift-by-wire gear selector
- Tyre repair kit (in lieu of space-saver spare)
- Humidity sensor
Metallic and pearlescent finishes are no-cost options.
The following colours are available:
- Platinum White metallic
- Platinum Grey metallic
- Crystal Black metallic (excludes VTi X)
- Premium Crystal Blue metallic (excludes VTi X)
- Premium Crystal Garnet metallic
MORE: Everything Honda ZR-V