Skoda’s smallest SUV will pack a bigger engine as standard for 2022.
Two new models have been added to the 2022 Skoda Kamiq range, both of them packing the same 1.5-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine as the existing 110TSI Monte Carlo and Launch edition models.
The 2022 range is on sale now, and will start arriving in showrooms during July.
Skoda earlier this year announced it had sold out of the three-cylinder 85TSI until the end of 2021.
The new 110TSI Ambition sits at the bottom end of the range, while the Signature is a fixture at the top end now the Special Edition launch model is gone.
The 85TSI is expected to return early in 2022, with orders set to open late in 2021.
Pricing hasn’t been confirmed, but it’s likely to remain similar to the now-sold-out model, which kicked off below $30,000 drive-away.
The 2021 Kamiq is pictured throughout this story, as the car’s exterior and interior designs haven’t changed, nor have their specifications beyond the engine.
- 2022 Skoda Kamiq Ambition manual: $32,990
- 2022 Skoda Kamiq Ambition: $34,990
- 2022 Skoda Kamiq Monte Carlo: $37,990
- 2022 Skoda Kamiq Signature: $38,990
All prices are drive-away.
If you are looking for a more accurate idea of pricing, you can use Skoda’s stock-locator to find cars available around your area and get drive-away pricing. Alternatively you use the official Skoda Kamiq configurator to build and get an idea of pricing of one in your own specification.
Power in the 110TSI Kamiq comes from a 1.5-litre four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine with 110kW of power and 250Nm of torque.
A six-speed manual is offered on the entry-level Ambition, while a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission is standard elsewhere in the range.
You can find further details on the engine official Skoda Kamiq brochure sheet as well as more information on performance and fuel consumption
The 2022 Skoda Kamiq 110TSI uses a claimed 5.6L/100km on the combined cycle, and drinks 95 RON premium unleaded.
The 2022 Skoda Kamiq measures 4241mm long, 1793mm wide and 1531mm tall, with a 2651mm wheelbase.
By comparison, the Volkswagen T-Cross is 4108mm long, 1760mm wide and 1583mm tall, with a 2563mm wheelbase.
In terms of luggage capacity, the Kamiq offers a claimed 400L in five-seat configuration and 1395L with the second row folded.
You can find additional details on internal and external dimensions within the Skoda Kamiq brochure.
Like the wider Skoda range, the Kamiq is covered by the Czech brand’s five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
For added convenience there are three- and five-year service packs available for all models at the point of sale – three years is $800, while five years is $1400.
You can find a detailed break down of the service intervals and their respective prices on the Skoda website.
The Skoda Kamiq has a five-star ANCAP rating based on testing carried out by Euro NCAP in 2019.
The Kamiq managed 96 per cent for adult occupant protection, 85 per cent for child occupants, 80 per cent for vulnerable road users and 76 per cent for safety assist.
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Seven airbags
- Autonomous emergency braking (AEB)
- Lane-keep assist
- Fatigue detection
- Multi-collision brake
- Rear manoeuvre braking assist
- Adaptive cruise control
Blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert are optional on lower models.
You can find official commentary on the safety features on the Skoda Kamiq website. As well as a detailed breakdown of the safety features offered against each of the Kamiq variants within the official Skoda Kamiq brochure.
Standard equipment in the Kamiq Ambition includes:
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 10.25-inch Virtual Cockpit digital instrument cluster
- Eight-speaker sound system
- 18-inch ‘Crater’ alloy wheels
- LED tail lights with dynamic indicators
- Reversing camera with rear parking sensors
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Interior ambient lighting
- Wireless phone charging
- Dual-zone climate control
- Keyless entry/start
- Height-adjustable front seats with lumbar support
- Power tailgate
- Multifunction flat-bottom steering wheel
- Automatic headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Electric mirrors, heated/folding and driver auto-dimming
- Double-sided boot mat
- Floor mats
- Privacy glass
- Black window surrounds
- Silver roof rails
The Kamiq 110TSI Monte Carlo adds:
- 18-inch ‘Vega’ alloy wheels
- Sports seats
- Black exterior elements
- Panoramic roof
- Sports pedals
- Full LED headlights with adaptive front light system
- Fog lights and cornering lights
- Dynamic front indicators
- Sports chassis control with Drive Mode Select (-15mm ride height)
The Kamiq 110TSI Signature adds:
- 9.2-inch ‘Amundsen’ touchscreen infotainment system with satellite navigation system, voice control and wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- 18-inch ‘Crater’ alloy wheels
- Leather/’Suedia’ upholstery
- Heated front and rear seats
- Power driver’s seat with lumbar
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
Options include a Panoramic Roof (Ambition, $1300), a dealer-fit tow bar ($2000), and the Travel Pack (Monte Carlo, $4300).
The Travel Pack brings the same 9.2-inch infotainment system as the Signature, along with a three-spoke heated steering wheel, blind-spot monitoring, heated seats front and rear, rear cross-traffic alert, and automatic parking assist.
To see all the various options and inclusions offered in the Skoda Kamiq range, download the official Skoda Kamiq brochure. Otherwise head over the official Skoda Kamiq website to find out more information.