Porsche’s high-riding, wagon-bodied brother to the Taycan will welcome a new entry-level model early in 2022.
When it arrives in the third quarter of 2021, the Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo will be offered in 4S and Turbo guises – but a more affordable all-wheel drive model, the Taycan 4 Cross Turismo – will follow close behind it.
As was previously the case, the wagon also misses out on the smaller battery standard in the 4S sedan. Instead, all models will use the larger, 93.4kWh Performance Battery Plus.
For those wanting to do a little more off the beaten track, there’s a Gravel Mode that raises the air suspension by 30mm and an available off-road package that raises the ride height by a further 30mm.
As is the case with the coupe-styled Taycan, the Cross Turismo range has been given a price bump for 2022. It’s also been given extra standard equipment across the range, however.
- 2022 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo: $176,600
- 2022 Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo: $205,300 (+$4300)
- 2022 Porsche Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo: $279,000 (+$7800)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
The 2022 Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo features a dual-motor, all-electric powertrain and a 93.4kWh battery pack.
In the new base Taycan 4 it makes 350kW of power and 500Nm of torque, good for a claimed range of 437km.
In the 4S, it generates 420kW of power and a maximum of 650Nm of torque.
The Turbo produces 500kW of power and 850Nm of torque. Claimed range is up to 452km on the WLTP test cycle for the 4S and Turbo.
The 2022 Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo measures 4974mm long, 1967mm wide and 1409mm tall, riding on a 2904mm wheelbase.
It has an 84L front boot, while in the rear there’s 446L in the 4S and 405L in the Turbo. This expands to 1212L and 1171L, respectively.
The 2022 Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo is backed by a three-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
Maintenance is required every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first.
The Porsche Taycan range scored five stars in crash testing from Euro NCAP, returning 85 per cent for adult occupant protection, 83 per cent for child occupant protection, 70 per cent for vulnerable road user protection, and 73 per cent for safety assist.
Autonomous emergency braking, lane-keep assist, and blind-spot monitoring are standard, along with adaptive cruise control.
The Taycan 4 comes standard with the following features:
- 10.9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with satellite navigation, wireless Apple CarPlay and wired Android Auto
- Head-up display
- DAB+ digital radio
- Digital instrument cluster
- Adaptive air suspension
- Adaptive cruise control with traffic jam assist
- Six-piston front, four-piston rear cast iron brakes
- Power steering plus
- Tyre-pressure monitoring
- LED headlights
- Automatic headlights
- Dual-zone climate control
- 10-speaker sound system
- Power tailgate
- Partial leather interior
- Heated leather-wrapped steering wheel
The Taycan 4S adds:
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- 14-way powered front seats
- 14-speaker sound system
- Heated and ventilated front seats
The Turbo adds:
- 10-piston front, four-piston rear PCSB brakes
- LED Matrix headlights with Porsche Dynamic Lighting Plus
- Four-zone climate control
- Heated rear seats
- Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control
- Full leather interior
- Stainless steel pedals