Bad at making decisions? Look away now.
The Porsche 911 range was never light on for choice, but the line-up will grow again before 2021 is finished.
Along with the existing 911 Carrera 2/4 and Turbo models across the coupe, Cabriolet, and Targa bodies, the range will gain GT3 and GTS options ahead of 2022.
There are now 24 options in the 911 range if you include manual and automatic cars, with prices starting just below $250,000 and extending beyond $500,000.
- 2022 Porsche 911 Carrera: $241,200
- 2022 Porsche 911 Carrera 4: $258,300
- 2022 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet: $262,900
- 2022 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet: $280,100
- 2022 Porsche 911 Targa 4: $280,100
911 Carrera S
- 2022 Porsche 911 Carrera S: $279,500
- 2022 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S: $296,700
- 2022 Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet: $301,200
- 2022 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet: $318,400
- 2022 Porsche 911 Targa 4S: $318,400
911 Carrera GTS (new, arriving early 2022)
- 2022 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS: $314,800
- 2022 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS: $334,000
- 2022 Porsche 911 Carrera GTS Cabriolet: $347,700
- 2022 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet: $366,900
- 2022 Porsche 911 Carrera 4 GTS Targa: $366,900
911 GT3 (new, arriving late 2021)
- 2022 Porsche 911 GT3: $369,600
- 2022 Porsche 911 GT3 with Touring Package: $369,600
- 2022 Porsche 911 Turbo: $404,900
- 2022 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet: $425,700
- 2022 Porsche 911 Turbo S: $481,600
- 2022 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabriolet: $502,500
All prices exclude on-road costs.
A full breakdown of what’s powering the Porsche 911 range is below.
- Carrera models: 3.0-litre turbocharged flat-six, 283kW/450Nm
- Carrera S models: 3.0-litre turbocharged flat-six, 331kW/530Nm
- Carrera GTS models: 3.0-litre turbocharged flat-six, 353kW/570Nm
- GT3 models: 4.0-litre naturally-aspirated flat-six, 375kW/470Nm
- Turbo models: 3.8-litre turbocharged flat-six, 428kW/750Nm
- Turbo S models: 3.8-litre turbocharged flat-six, 478kW/800Nm
Beyond the engines, there are a few keys to know:
- Models with a 4 or Turbo in their name are all-wheel drive
- All models come with an eight-speed dual-clutch transmission standard, barring the GT3 with its seven-speed dual-clutch unit
- A seven-speed manual is available on the GTS, a six-speed unit is offered on the GT3
The Porsche 911 range uses the following amounts of fuel on the combined cycle:
- 911 Carrera: 9.4L/100km
- 911 Carrera 4: 9.5L/100km
- 911 Carrera Cabriolet: 9.6L/100km
- 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet: 9.6L/100km
- 911 Carrera 4 Targa: 9.7L/100km
- 911 Carrera S: 9.5L/100km
- 911 Carrera 4S: 9.6L/100km
- 911 Carrera S Cabriolet: 9.6L/100km
- 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet: 9.6L/100km
- 911 Carrera 4S Targa: 9.7L/100km
- 911 Turbo: 11.5L/100km
- 911 Turbo Cabriolet: 11.7L/100km
- 911 Turbo S: 11.5L/100km
- 911 Turbo S Cabriolet: 11.7L/100km
All unlisted models don’t yet have a figure for Australia.
Porsche 911 Carrera models are 4519mm long, 1852mm wide, and 1298mm tall.
Porsche 911 Turbo models are 4535mm long, 1900mm wide, and 1303mm tall.
Porsche 911 GT3 models are 4573m long, 1852mm wide, and 1279mm tall.
All models ride on a 2450mm wheelbase, except the GT3 with its 2457mm wheelbase.
The Porsche 911 range hasn’t been tested by ANCAP, as is common with low-volume sports cars.
However, the car is offered with a full suite of active safety assists, including autonomous emergency braking, lane-keeping assist, adaptive cruise control, and blind-spot monitoring.
The Porsche 911 is backed by a three-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty.
The 911 Carrera and related models are offered with the following standard equipment:
- 19-inch front wheels
- 20-inch rear wheels
- Twin exhaust
- Four-piston brakes measuring 330mm
- Auto-deploying rear spoiler
- LED headlights with Porsche Dynamic Lighting Plus
- Auto-dimming mirrors, power-folding mirrors
- Dual-zone climate control
- 14-way sports seats
- Heated seats
- Keyless entry and start
- 10.9-inch touchscreen
- Reversing camera
- Dual-screen instrument binnacle
- Satellite navigation
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- DAB radio
Moving to the 911 Carrera S adds:
- 20-inch front wheels
- 21-inch rear wheels
- Six-piston front/four-piston rear brakes measuring 350mm
The 911 Carrera GTS adds:
- 10mm lower sport chassis
- Sport exhaust
- PASM suspension
- Black exterior highlights
- Sport Chrono package
- GTS interior package
- Sport Design bodykit
- Steering wheel heating
- Parking sensors with surround-view camera
- Bose surround sound system
The 911 GT3 sits separate to the rest of the range, with:
- LED headlights with Porsche Dynamic Lighting
- Auto-dimming rear-view mirrors
- Automatic windscreen wipers
- Metallic paint
- Front axle lift
- Rear parking sensors and reversing camera
- Tyre sealant kit with air compressor
- Digital radio
The 911 Turbo has very similar standard specs to the Carrera GTS, while the Turbo S adds:
- Bose surround sound
- GT Sport steering wheel
- Porsche Track Precision app
- Sport Chrono package
MORE: Everything Porsche 911