Nissan’s SUV range overhaul started with the redesigned Juke in late 2020, and by the end of next year it’ll be the brand’s oldest crossover in Australia.
The product onslaught will give Nissan one of the freshest ranges of SUVs on the market, but for the venerable Patrol flagship.
The Juke enters 2022 unchanged, with the range still opening at $27,990 before on-road costs.
For the second-generation Juke’s first full year on the Australian market, Nissan retuned its transmission and added a new ST-L+ variant while also giving the flagship Ti a brassy new colourway.
The ST-L+ slots in underneath the Ti and features white leather trim on the seats, doors and dash, while the Ti has a no-cost Energy Orange interior with bold orange trim on the dash and doors plus seats finished in black and orange leather.
To the end of November 2021, the Juke is sitting at 2179 sales.
That’s more than its Renault Captur cousin (492), only introduced this year, but behind the Ford Puma (3062) and Volkswagen T-Cross (5715), two conceptually similar rivals also developed with the European market front of mind.
- 2022 Nissan Juke ST: $27,990
- 2022 Nissan Juke ST+: $30,740
- 2022 Nissan Juke ST-L: $33,940
- 2022 Nissan Juke ST-L+: $35,140
- 2022 Nissan Juke Ti: $36,490
All prices exclude on-road costs.
All 2022 Nissan Juke models in Australia use a turbocharged 1.0-litre three-cylinder engine producing 84kW of power and 180Nm of torque.
It’s mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and features auto stop/start technology.
All Juke models are front-wheel drive.
The 2022 Nissan Juke consumes 5.8L/100km on the ADR combined cycle.
The car has a 46-litre fuel tank and runs on 95RON premium unleaded fuel.
The 2022 Nissan Juke measures 4210mm long, 1595mm tall and 1800mm wide.
The Nissan Juke’s total luggage space is 422L, increasing to 1305L with the rear seats down.
The Juke is backed by a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty with five years of roadside assist.
Servicing is required every 12 months or 20,000km, whichever comes first. The first five services are currently capped at $321, $478, $538, $498 and $347.
Nissan also offers three-, four- and five-year pre-paid service plans costing $1377, $1835 and $2182, respectively.
The Nissan Juke has a five-star rating from ANCAP based on testing conducted in 2019.
It received an adult protection score of 94 per cent, child occupant protection score of 87 per cent, vulnerable road user protection score of 81 per cent, and safety assist score of 71 per cent.
All 2022 Nissan Juke models come standard with the following safety equipment:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection
- Lane-departure warning
- Traffic sign recognition
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Front, front-side and curtain airbags.
It also features Nissan’s Intelligent Lane Intervention, which applies the brakes if the car leaves its lane.
The Juke ST comes standard with the following features:
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wired Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Reversing camera with rear parking sensors
- Automatic LED headlights
- Paddle shifters
- 4.2-inch instrument cluster screen
- 17-inch alloy wheels
The ST+ receives:
- Satellite navigation
- Heated front seats
- LED fog lights
- Front parking sensors
The ST-L gains:
- 7.0-inch digital instrument cluster display
- Adaptive cruise control
- Surround-view camera
- Ambient lighting
- Partial leather upholstery
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Electric parking brake
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter
The ST-L+ also includes:
- Eight-speaker Bose premium sound system
- White leather and black cloth upholstery
- White leather accenting on the dashboard, door trim, and front arm rest and knee pad
The range-topping Ti features:
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Quilted black leather upholstery with Alcantara or full black leather seating with Energy Orange highlights
- Alcantara or Energy Orange leather trim on the dash, doors, front arm rest and knee pad
- Illuminated sill plates
The Juke is available in the following paint finishes:
- Pearl Black
- Arctic White
- Gun Metallic
- Ivory Pearl
- Vivid Blue
- Fuji Sunset Red
All bar Fuji Sunset Red and Arctic White are a $595 option.