The 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLS three-row large SUV has higher prices all round in time for the new model year.
Prices have risen between $6398 and $8528 depending on trim level.
The range now opens at $155,298 before on-road costs for the base GLS450 4Matic and extends to $262,700 before on-road costs for the flagship Mercedes-AMG GLS63 4Matic+.
According to a Mercedes-Benz spokesperson, the price rises are due to a number of outside influences.
This current third-generation GLS-Class has been on sale here in Australia since 2019.
- 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLS450 4Matic: $155,298 (+6398)
- 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLS400d 4Matic: $162,428 (+$8528)
- 2022 Mercedes-AMG GLS63 4Matic+: $262,700 (+$7000)
All prices exclude on-road costs.
A choice of three engines are available across the 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class range.
The GLS450 4Matic is powered by a 3.0-litre turbocharged petrol six-cylinder with a 48V mild-hybrid system that produces 270kW of power and 500Nm of torque.
The GLS400d 4Matic is powered by a 3.0-litre turbocharged diesel six-cylinder that produces 243kW and 700Nm.
The GLS63 4Matic+ is powered by a meaty 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged petrol V8 with a 48V mild hybrid system. It produces 450kW and 850Nm.
All 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class models are paired to a nine-speed automatic and all-wheel drive.
Claimed combined cycle fuel economy figures for the 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class are as follows:
- 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLS450 4Matic: 9.2L/100km
- 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLS400d 4Matic: 7.7L/100km
- 2022 Mercedes-AMG GLS63 4Matic+: 13L/100km
All petrol models require 98RON premium unleaded petrol.
All 2022 GLS models have a 90L fuel tank.
The 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class measures 2157mm wide, 1838mm tall, 5207mm long with a 3135mm wheelbase.
The 2022 Mercedes-AMG GLS63 4Matic+ is slightly longer at 5243mm, and incrementally lower at 1836mm.
With all three rows of seating upright, the 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class has a boot capacity of 355L that expands to 890L with the third row folded, and to 2400L with the second row folded.
Mercedes-Benz offers a three-year servicing plan for the GLS-Class, with service intervals of 12 months/25,000km for GLS450 and 400d models, or 12 months/20,000km for GLS63 4Matic+ models.
This three-year servicing plan costs $2700 for non-AMG models and $3050 for GLS63 models.
Mercedes-Benz also offers four- and five-year servicing plans.
All 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class models are covered under the company’s five-year, unlimited kilometre warranty.
The 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLS-Class remains untested by ANCAP or EuroNCAP and therefore has no safety rating.
However, the GLS-Class comes with a full suite of safety assists as standard. These include the following:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian detection and junction assist
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Nine airbags (front, front-side, curtain, driver’s knee)
- Driver attention monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Lane keeping assist
- Lane change assist
- Active bonnet
- Evasive steering assist
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Surround-view camera
The GLS450 4Matic and GLS400d 4Matic come standard with the following features:
- Seven seats
- 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
- Wired Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Satellite navigation
- DAB+ digital radio
- Seven USB charging ports
- Wireless phone charging
- Interior ambient lighting with 64 colour options
- Chrome and oak wood interior trim
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- 13-speaker Burmester 590-watt surround sound system
- Head-up display
- Black leather upholstery
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Five-zone climate control
- Matrix LED headlights with auto high beam
- 21-inch five-spoke ‘titanium grey’ alloy wheels
- Air suspension
- Aluminium roof rails
- Panoramic sunroof
- AMG exterior appearance package
- Power tailgate
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
- Automatic stop/start
- Keyless entry and start
Stepping up to the GLS63 4Matic+ adds the following:
- AMG Nappa leather upholstery
- Dashboard and door trims in Nappa leather
- AMG Night package
- Adaptive suspension
- Active engine mounts
- Rear limited-slip differential
- 22-inch AMG multi-spoke alloy wheels
- AMG brakes with red-painted calipers
- AMG performance exhaust with selectable programs
- Warmth Comfort package including heated front and rear outer seats and armrests
- MBUX Innovation package with virtual assistant
- Illuminated AMG door sill panels
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Heated and cooled front cupholders
- Heated windscreen washers
- Metallic paint
The $2500 Night package, optional on the GLS450 and GLS400d, adds the following:
- Gloss black front grille, front and rear aprons, exterior mirror caps and window trimming
- Matte black roof rails
- 22-inch gloss black AMG multi-spoke alloy wheels
The $1000 Anti-Theft package, optional on the GLS450 and GLS400d and standard on the GLS63 AMG, adds:
- Anti-theft alarm system
- Tow-away protection with visual and acoustic warnings
- Interior monitoring system
The $1900 Towbar package adds the following:
- Tow bar with ESP trailer stabilisation
The $3500 Off-road Engineering package, optional on the GLS450 and GLS400d, adds:
- Selectable low-range gearing
- Inter-axle locking via torque-on-demand clutch
- Hill descent control
- Unique off-road interior control panel
- Underbody protection
The $2800 Rear Seat Comfort package, optional on the GLS63 AMG, adds:
- Heated and cooled rear cupholders
- MBUX rear tablet
- Luxury rear headrests
- Wireless phone charging in the rear
The $4200 Interior Carbon package, optional on the GLS63 AMG, adds:
- AMG carbon fibre trim
- AMG performance steering wheel with carbon fibre