Honda is getting ready to farewell its long-running people mover, the Odyssey.
“We’ll be ordering as many cars [as required] to get us through to the first quarter, second quarter next year, but stock will start to run tight,” Honda Australia managing director Stephen Collins told CarExpert late in 2021.
“We’ll take it as long as we can, but first half next year will pretty much be it,” Mr Collins said.
The two-model range will carry on until stock is depleted. There’s no word on a like-for-like replacement.
With 1143 sold in 2021, the Odyssey was the second-best selling model in its class with an 11.1 per cent market share.
- 2022 Honda Odyssey Vi L7: $48,700
- 2022 Honda Odyssey Vi LX7: $56,000
All prices are drive-away.
All 2022 Honda Odyssey models are powered by a naturally-aspirated 2.4-litre four-cylinder engine producing 129kW of power and 225Nm of torque. It’s mated to a continuously-variable transmission (CVT).
The 2022 Honda Odyssey consumes 8.0L/100km on the combined cycle. It requires 91 RON regular unleaded fuel and has a 55-litre fuel tank.
The 2022 Honda Odyssey measures 4855mm long, 1820mm wide and 1710mm tall, with a 2900mm wheelbase.
It weighs 1824kg, rising to 1854kg in the Vi LX7.
Braked towing capacity is 1000kg, while unbraked is 450kg.
The 2022 Honda Odyssey has a five-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty and requires servicing every six months or 10,000km, whichever comes first.
Honda offers a capped-price servicing program, with the first five services priced at $125.
All Odyssey models now come standard with five years of roadside assistance.
The Honda Odyssey has a five-star safety rating from ANCAP based on testing conducted in 2014.
It received a frontal offset score of 12.75 out of 16, whiplash and pedestrian protection scores of Good and Acceptable, and an overall score of 32.75 out of 37.
All 2022 Honda Odyssey models come standard with:
- Autonomous emergency braking with forward collision warning
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane-departure warning
- Lane-keep assist
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Front and front-side airbags
- Curtain airbags for all three rows
The Vi L7 comes standard with the following equipment:
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Adaptive cruise control
- LED headlights and front fog lights
- Automatic headlights
- Power sliding doors
- Keyless entry and start
- Leather upholstery
- Heated front seats
- Surround-view camera
- Single-zone climate control
- Six-speaker sound system
- Paddle shifters
- Power windows with auto up/down (driver door only, also controllable by key fob)
The Vi LX7 adds:
- Active cornering lights
- Satellite navigation
- Power sliding doors with gesture control
- Power tailgate
- Tri-zone climate control with rear controls
- Eight-way power driver’s seat
- Four-way power passenger’s seat
- Power windows with auto up/down (all doors, also controllable via the fob)
- Ambient footwell lighting (second row)
Metallic paint is standard on all Honda models.
There are only four colours available on the Odyssey range. These are:
- Platinum White pearlescent
- Super Platinum metallic
- Obsidian Blue pearlescent
- Premium Twinkle Black pearlescent
MORE: Everything Honda Odyssey