Mini Australia has launched a super exclusive, super expensive pair of limited-edition performance models.
Available to order now, the Mini JCW Nightfall Edition is offered in both 3 Door Hatch and Convertible body styles with prices starting from a hefty $70,990 drive-away for the Hatch and $75,290 drive-away for the Convertible.
Just 50 units will be offered in total (40 hatchbacks and 10 convertibles), with both models offering blacked-out exterior treatments and upgraded John Cooper Works parts and accessories for the extra spend.
Key upgrades include Enigmatic Black Metallic paint, Piano Black accents for the usually chrome surfaces (headlight covers, door handles etc.), a carbon-fibre bonnet scoop, John Cooper Works sports brakes, 17-inch ‘Track’ wheels in black, as well as John Cooper Works tailpipe surrounds.
Inside, the Hatch gets an Anthracite headliner, while both models get piano black interior surfaces and carbon black Dinamica/leather combination seat upholstery.
Rounding out the changes are an Alcantara John Cooper Works steering wheel, and a carbon-fibre John Cooper Works handbrake.
A full rundown of the key highlights is below:
- Enigmatic Black Metallic exterior paint
- Piano Black Exterior
- Piano Black MINI badges and Edition-specific badging
- John Cooper Works Carbon Fibre Bonnet Scoop
- John Cooper Works Carbon Fibre Tailpipe Surrounds
- John Cooper Works 17-inch Track Spoke alloy wheels finished in Black
- John Cooper Works Sports Brake System
- John Cooper Works Carbon Black Leather/Dinamica Sports Seats
- John Cooper Works PRO Steering wheel in Alcantara
- John Cooper Works PRO Handbrake in Carbon Fibre
- Panorama Sunroof
- Piano Black Interior
- Anthracite Headliner (3 Door Hatch only)
- MINI Navigation system with real-time traffic information and 8.8-inch touchscreen
- Adaptive LED headlights including Union Jack tail lights
- Adaptive cruise control
- Comfort Access
- Reversing Camera
- Wireless Phone Charging in armrest
- MINI Connected Drive Services
- Apple CarPlay
- Emergency Call and Teleservices
- Harman Kardon HiFi Sound System with 12 speakers (410 Watt) and 8-channel digital amplifier
Beyond the special-edition appointments, both Nightfall Edition variants get some new interior tech in line with the company’s latest models – such as a new 5.0-inch digital instrument binnacle first seen in the Mini Electric.
As with the standard Mini JCW, both models are powered by a 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder petrol engine making 170kW and 320Nm, driving the front wheels via an eight-speed sports automatic.
Mini claims a 6.1-second sprint from 0-100 for the hatch (6.4s Convertible), with fuel use rated at 6.0L/100km (6.3L/100km Convertible).
Both versions of the Mini JCW Nightfall Edition are available to order now via Mini’s online deposit process.
- Mini JCW Nightfall Edition 3 Door Hatch: $70,990 drive-away
- Mini JCW Nightfall Edition Convertible: $75,290 drive-away
MORE: Mini news and reviews