Maserati’s biggest, baddest sedan has been overhauled for 2021.
The 2021 Maserati Quattroporte is now on sale in Australia, with a three-pronged range spearheaded by the new V8-powered Trofeo.
On the outside, the updated Quattroporte has been mildly massaged for 2021 with new lights and detailing in the bumpers. Inside, the changes are bigger.
Gone is the old Chrysler-derived infotainment system, replaced with a new bespoke system built on Google’s latest Android Automotive bones. It has a 10.1-inch touchscreen display, and is backed by a suite of connected services.
Not only will the system support wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, it will support wireless over-the-air updates. The new infotainment system will gradually spread across the Maserati line-up as the brand updates its models for the 2021 model year.
- 2021 Maserati Quattroporte: $210,990
- 2021 Maserati Quattroporte GranLusso: $227,990
- 2021 Maserati Quattroporte GranSport: $227,990
- 2021 Maserati Quattroporte S GranLusso: $269,990
- 2021 Maserati Quattroporte S GranSport: $269,990
All prices exclude on-road costs. Trofeo pricing hasn’t yet been revealed.
The 2021 Maserati Quattroporte offers a choice of two twin-turbocharged 3.0-litre V6 petrol engines.
Quattroporte models produce 257kW of power and 500Nm of torque and do the 0-100km/h sprint in 5.5 seconds while Quattroporte S models produce 316kW of power and 580Nm of torque and quote a 0-100km/h time of 4.9 seconds.
All models use an eight-speed automatic transmission.
The Trofeo will use a twin-turbocharged 3.8-litre petrol V8 engine with 433kW of power and 730Nm of torque.
The 2021 Maserati Quattroporte consumes 10.6L/100km to 10.8L/100km on the combined cycle in both Quattroporte and Quattroporte S models.
All Quattroporte models have an 80L fuel tank and require 98 RON premium unleaded fuel.
The 2021 Maserati Quattroporte measures 5262mm long, 1481mm tall and 1948mm wide (2128mm including the mirrors) with a 3171mm wheelbase.
It has 530L of luggage space and a kerb weight of 1860kg.
Maserati offers a three-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty and a choice of two prepaid three-year servicing plans for the Quattroporte.
The Premium package covers all inspections and replacements of consumables and costs $2750, while the Premium Plus includes replacement front and rear brake pads, front and rear brake discs, and wiper blades and costs $5870.
The Quattroporte requires servicing every 12 months or 20,000km, whichever comes first.
The Maserati Quattroporte has not been tested by ANCAP or Euro NCAP.
All 2021 Maserati Quattroporte models come standard with the following safety features:
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Lane-keeping assist
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Traffic sign recognition
- Active Driving Assist
- Front and side airbags for the first row
- Curtain airbags for the first and second row
- Driver’s knee airbag
The 2021 Maserati Quattroporte comes standard with the following features:
- 10.1-inch touchscreen infotainment system with satellite navigation and wired Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- DAB+ digital radio
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Surround-view camera
- Paddle shifters
- Power front seats with driver’s memory
- Leather upholstery
- Reversing camera with front and rear parking sensors
- Ambient lighting
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Dual-zone climate control
- 10-speaker sound system
- Automatic bi-xenon headlights with washers
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter
- Power-adjustable steering column
- Tyre pressure monitoring
- Rear limited-slip differential
- Four-piston Brembo front brakes
The GranLusso adds:
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Ermenegildo Zegna Silk interior
- Soft-close doors
- Power rear sun blind
- Front bumper with chrome inserts
- Black-painted brake calipers
- Body-colour side skirts and rear bumper inserts
Over the standard Quattroporte, the GranSport adds:
- 21-inch forged alloy wheels
- Front bumper with gloss black inserts
- Red-painted brake calipers
- Sports steering wheel
- Sports seats
- Piano black interior trim
- Gear shift paddles
- Soft-close doors
- Six-piston Brembo front brakes
Quattroporte options include:
- 15-speaker 1280W Bowers & Wilkins sound system
- Remote start
- Wireless charging
- Heated front and rear seats
- Extended keyless entry (rear door unlock/lock)