The 2021 Kia Seltos has received price increases across the board, though each model has received some extra kit to compensate.
The base S adds wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay to its 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system, though it’s the only model to do so.
The rest of the Seltos range keeps the larger 10.25-inch unit, which means they stick with wired smartphone mirroring. It’s a similar situation to that of the 2021 Hyundai Venue, which also picks up wireless smartphone mirroring but only at the low end of the range.
The more sophisticated autonomous emergency braking system featured in the Safety Pack and up-spec Sport Plus and GT-Line models also adds junction assist for 2021, while S and Sport models pick up a cargo cover.
Launched in 2019, the Seltos is Kia’s first model in the small SUV segment and goes head-to-head with the top-selling Hyundai Kona and Mitsubishi ASX. The three models are Australia’s best-selling small SUVs.
- 2021 Kia Seltos S: $26,290
- 2021 Kia Seltos S with Safety Pack: $27,290
- 2021 Kia Seltos Sport: $29,290
- 2021 Kia Seltos Sport with Safety Pack: $30,290
- 2021 Kia Seltos Sport Plus: $32,790
- 2021 Kia Seltos Sport Plus 1.6T AWD: $36,290
- 2021 Kia Seltos GT-Line AWD: $41,700
All prices exclude on-road costs.
If you are looking for a more accurate idea of pricing, you can build and price one of these up on the official website to determine drive away pricing. It’s also worth keeping an eye on the Kia offers page to see if there are any deals on at the moment.
The 2021 Kia Seltos range comes with a choice of two engines and four trim levels or six if you count, as Kia does, models with the optional Safety Pack.
All Seltos models bar the range-topping GT-Line come with a naturally-aspirated 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine producing 110kW of power and 180Nm of torque. It’s mated to a continuously variable transmission (CVT).
The GT-Line adds all-wheel drive and uses a turbocharged 1.6-litre four-cylinder engine producing 130kW of power and 265Nm of torque, mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic. This powertrain is optional in Sport Plus grade.
The 2021 Kia Seltos, when equipped with the standard 2.0-litre four-cylinder, consumes 6.8L/100km on the ADR combined city and highway cycle.
The turbocharged 1.6-litre four-cylinder uses 7.6L/100km on the ADR combined city and highway cycle.
Both engines have a 50L fuel tank and need only 91RON regular unleaded fuel. They can also run on E10.
The 2021 Kia Seltos measures 4370mm long, 1615mm tall (including the roof rails) and 1800mm wide, with a 2630mm long wheelbase.
The Seltos’ total luggage space is 433L, increasing to 1393L with the rear seats folded. The S is the only model with a space-saver spare, though that means its luggage space expands to 468L and 1428L.
Its braked towing capacity is 1100kg in 2.0-litre models and 1250kg in 1.6-litre models, while unbraked towing capacity is 600kg and maximum towball download is 130kg with both powertrains.
You can view the official specifications page to get a visual idea of dimensions.
Kia offers seven years of capped-price servicing in addition to its seven-year, unlimited kilometre warranty.
The 2021 Kia Seltos 2.0-litre requires servicing every 12 months or 15,000km, whichever comes first, while the Kia Seltos 1.6T requires servicing every 12 months or 10,000km.
When equipped with the 2.0-litre four, the Seltos has an average cost per service of $402 while Seltos models with the turbocharged 1.6-litre have an average service cost of $459.
When the Kia Seltos was tested by ANCAP in 2019, it received a rating of five stars.
All models received an adult occupant protection score of 85 per cent, child occupant protection score of 83 per cent, vulnerable road user protection score of 61 per cent and a safety assist score of 70 per cent.
All 2021 Kia Seltos models come standard with the following safety features:
- Lane-keeping assist
- Front, front side and curtain airbags
- Autonomous emergency braking with forward-collision warning
- Driver attention monitoring
The optional Safety Pack adds a more advanced autonomous emergency braking system with cyclist detection and junction assist which is standard on the Sport Plus and GT-Line. These models also add:
- Blind-spot assist
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Lane-following assist (GT-Line only)
You can find more details and highlights on all the safety features on the official Kia Seltos page.
The base Seltos S comes with the following standard features:
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Reversing camera with rear parking sensors
- 16-inch steel wheels
- Cruise control
- Six-speaker sound system
- Space-saver spare wheel
- Tilt-and-telescopic adjustable steering column
- Automatic headlights
- Auto high beam
- Air conditioning
The Seltos Sport adds the following standard features:
- 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with satellite navigation and wired Android Auto
- and Apple CarPlay
- DAB digital radio
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Full-size spare
- Front fog lights
- Premium steering wheel and shift knob
- Full-size spare wheel
- Climate control air conditioning
The optional Safety Pack adds the following features to the Seltos S and Sport:
- Electronic parking brake
- Adaptive cruise control
- 15-inch rear disc brakes
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection and junction assist
The Seltos Sport Plus adds the following features over the Sport with Safety Pack:
- Front parking sensors
- Electrochromic auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- Blind-spot assist
- Rear cross-traffic assist
- Keyless entry and start
- Cloth and artificial leather upholstery
- Remote start
When equipped with the optional turbocharged 1.6-litre four-cylinder, the Seltos Sport Plus also includes as standard:
- All-wheel drive
- Multi-link rear suspension
The Seltos GT-Line adds the following features:
- Lane-following assist
- LED daytime running lights
- LED headlights
- LED fog lights
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- 10-way power driver’s seat
- Eight-way power passenger’s seat
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Head-up display
- 7.0-inch colour instrument cluster display
- Ambient lighting
- Qi wireless phone charging
- Bose eight-speaker premium sound system
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Artificial leather upholstery
- Rear air vents