GWM Haval is lobbing a much more modern entry into the booming mid-sized SUV segment.
The 2021 Haval H6 is arriving in showrooms this month and GWM Haval has released pricing and specifications for the entire model range.
Its base price of $30,990 drive-away is $2000 more than drive-away pricing for the outgoing base H6, but every model now comes standard with a suite of active safety technology that was sorely missing on the old car.
The H6 has been completely redesigned, riding a new modular platform and finally offering a raft of active safety technology.
The new generation also adds a large number of features not previously seen on the H6, including semi-autonomous parking assist, ventilated front seats, wireless phone charging and adaptive cruise control.
- 2021 Haval H6 Premium: $30,990
- 2021 Haval H6 Lux: $33,990
- 2021 Haval H6 Ultra: $36,990
- 2021 Haval H6 Ultra AWD: $38,990
All prices are drive-away.
The 2021 Haval H6 is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine making 150kW of power and 320Nm of torque.
Power is sent to the wheels through a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission.
The 2021 Haval H6 uses 7.4L/100km on the combined cycle in front-wheel drive models and 8.3L/100km with all-wheel drive.
The 2021 Haval H6 measures 4653mm long, 1886mm wide and 1724mm tall with a 2738mm wheelbase.
Braked towing capacity is 2000kg while unbraked is 750kg.
The 2021 Haval H6 is covered by a seven-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty. Haval doesn’t currently offer capped-price servicing.
The new H6 has yet to be tested by ANCAP.
All models come standard with the following safety features:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection and junction assist
- Lane-keeping assist
- Lane-centring assist
- Lane-departure warning
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Driver attention monitoring
- Traffic sign recognition
- Safe exit warning
- Front, front-side and curtain airbags plus a front-centre bag
- Reversing camera with rear parking sensors
Rear cross-traffic alert, adaptive cruise control and front parking sensors are available higher up in the range.
The Premium comes standard with the following equipment:
- 10.25-inch infotainment system
- 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster
- Wired Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights, daytime running lights and tail lights
- Keyless entry and start
- Tyre-pressure monitoring
- Cloth upholstery
- Black interior colourway
- Single-zone climate control with rear vents
- Power windows with driver’s one-touch up/down
The Lux adds:
- LED front fog lights
- Front parking sensors
- Roof rails
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Leatherette upholstery
- Heated front seats
- Eight-way power driver’s seat
- Dual-zone climate control
- Eight-speaker sound system
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Traffic jam assist
- Surround-view camera
- Electronic anti-glare rear-view mirror
- Rear privacy glass
- Power windows with one-touch up/down for all windows
The Ultra is available with either front- or all-wheel drive. It adds:
- 12.3-inch touchscreen
- Head-up display
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
- Ambient lighting
- Power tailgate
- Panoramic sunroof
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Wireless phone charging
- Four-way power passenger’s seat