GWM Haval is lobbing a much more modern entry into the booming mid-sized SUV segment.
The 2021 Haval H6 is arriving in showrooms this month and GWM Haval has released pricing and specifications for the entire model range.
Its base price of $30,990 drive-away is $2000 more than drive-away pricing for the outgoing base H6, but every model now comes standard with a suite of active safety technology that was sorely missing on the old car.
The H6 has been completely redesigned, riding a new modular platform and finally offering a raft of active safety technology.
The new generation also adds a large number of features not previously seen on the H6, including semi-autonomous parking assist, ventilated front seats, wireless phone charging and adaptive cruise control.
- 2021 Haval H6 Premium: $30,990
- 2021 Haval H6 Lux: $33,990
- 2021 Haval H6 Ultra: $36,990
- 2021 Haval H6 Ultra AWD: $38,990
All prices are drive-away.
If you’re looking to get a more accurate idea of pricing, you can use the official Haval H6 configurator to build and price one in your own specifications.
The 2021 Haval H6 is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine making 150kW of power and 320Nm of torque.
Power is sent to the wheels through a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission.
If you’re looking for more details on the engine specifications, you can find more information within the official Haval H6 specifications page.
The 2021 Haval H6 uses 7.4L/100km on the combined cycle in front-wheel drive models and 8.3L/100km with all-wheel drive.
The 2021 Haval H6 measures 4653mm long, 1886mm wide and 1724mm tall with a 2738mm wheelbase.
Braked towing capacity is 2000kg while unbraked is 750kg.
If you want to see a visual representation of the dimensions, download the official Haval H6 brochure.
The 2021 Haval H6 is covered by a seven-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty. Haval doesn’t currently offer capped-price servicing.
The new H6 has yet to be tested by ANCAP.
All models come standard with the following safety features:
- Autonomous emergency braking with pedestrian and cyclist detection and junction assist
- Lane-keeping assist
- Lane-centring assist
- Lane-departure warning
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Driver attention monitoring
- Traffic sign recognition
- Safe exit warning
- Front, front-side and curtain airbags plus a front-centre bag
- Reversing camera with rear parking sensors
Rear cross-traffic alert, adaptive cruise control and front parking sensors are available higher up in the range.
Haval have further information regarding the safety features available in the H6 which can be found in the official brochure.
The Premium comes standard with the following equipment:
- 10.25-inch infotainment system
- 10.25-inch digital instrument cluster
- Wired Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights, daytime running lights and tail lights
- Keyless entry and start
- Tyre-pressure monitoring
- Cloth upholstery
- Black interior colourway
- Single-zone climate control with rear vents
- Power windows with driver’s one-touch up/down
The Lux adds:
- LED front fog lights
- Front parking sensors
- Roof rails
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Leatherette upholstery
- Heated front seats
- Eight-way power driver’s seat
- Dual-zone climate control
- Eight-speaker sound system
- Adaptive cruise control with stop/go
- Traffic jam assist
- Surround-view camera
- Electronic anti-glare rear-view mirror
- Rear privacy glass
- Power windows with one-touch up/down for all windows
The Ultra is available with either front- or all-wheel drive. It adds:
- 12.3-inch touchscreen
- Head-up display
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Semi-autonomous parking assist
- Ambient lighting
- Power tailgate
- Panoramic sunroof
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Wireless phone charging
- Four-way power passenger’s seat