The 2020 Nissan Pathfinder is available in 11 variants with prices ranging from $44,240 before on-road costs for the front-drive V6 ST to $70,140 before on-road costs for the all-wheel drive hybrid Ti.
The fourth-generation Pathfinder was launched globally in 2012, and is the first of its name to be base on a front-wheel drive platform.
In the large SUV segment, the Pathfinder accounts for just 2.1 per cent of sales, well behind the leading Toyota Prado (17.4 per cent) and Kluger (12.7 per cent).
- 2020 Nissan Pathfinder ST V6 FWD: $44,240
- 2020 Nissan Pathfinder ST+: V6 FWD: $45,340
- 2020 Nissan Pathfinder ST Hybrid FWD: $47,240
- 2020 Nissan Pathfinder ST V6 AWD: $47,740
- 2020 Nissan Pathfinder ST+ V6 AWD: $48,840
- 2020 Nissan Pathfinder ST-L V6 FWD: $55,640
- 2020 Nissan Pathfinder ST-L V6 AWD: $59,140
- 2020 Nissan Pathfinder ST-L Hybrid AWD: $62,140
- 2020 Nissan Pathfinder Ti V6 FWD: $63,640
- 2020 Nissan Pathfinder Ti V6 AWD: $67,140
- 2020 Nissan Pathfinder Hybrid AWD: $70,140
All prices exclude on-road costs
The primary engine in the 2020 Nissan Pathfinder range is a 3.5-litre petrol V6 with 202kW and 340Nm, mated with a continuously variable transmission (CVT).
Front-wheel drive is standard on the V6, although all-wheel drive with hill descent control is optional on all trim levels.
There’s also a hybrid option available with a 188kW/330Nm 2.5-litre supercharged four-cylinder petrol engine and a 15kW electric motor.
The hybrid is available on the ST in front-wheel drive, and on the ST-L and Ti with all-wheel drive.
The 2020 Nissan Pathfinder V6 with front-wheel drive uses 9.9L/100km on the ADR combined city and highway cycle, rising to 10.1L/100km on the all-wheel drive version.
For the Pathfinder Hybrid, the front-wheel drive variant is rated at 8.6L/100km, while the all-wheel drive versions are said to drink 8.7L/100km.
The 2020 Nissan Pathfinder measures 5042mm in length, 1793mm in height, 1963mm in width, and has a 2900mm wheelbase.
Weights for the Pathfinder V6 start at 1939kg for the front-wheel drive ST, with all-wheel drive adding 66kg.
The Pathfinder Hybrid tips the scales at 2021kg in base front-wheel drive form, and 2170kg for the maxed out all-wheel drive model.
The seven-seat Nissan Pathfinder’s boot has a luggage capacity of 453L with all three rows of seats in place.
Cargo space increases to 1354L when the third row is folded flat, and jumps up to 2260L with second row down.
The Pathfinder has an ANCAP safety rating of five stars.
All Pathfinder variants are fitted with autonomous emergency braking, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, adaptive cruise control, reversing camera with active guide lines, and rear parking sensors as standard.
Higher-end models also feature self-levelling headlights and a surround view camera system.
The 2020 Nissan Pathfinder ST comes with the following standard features:
- Seven seats
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Cruise control
- Autonomous emergency braking
- Blind-spot monitoring
- Rear cross-traffic alert
- Adaptive cruise control
- Reversing camera with active guide lines
- Rear parking sensors
- Three-zone climate control
- 8-way electric driver’s seat with lumbar support
- Leather-accented steering wheel
- Push button start
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- 6-speaker audio system
- USB port
- Roof rails
- LED daytime running lights
- Dusk-sensing headlights
- Electric mirrors with indicators
- Privacy glass
Move up to the Nissan Pathfinder ST+ and you’ll gain:
- Surround-view monitor
- Satellite navigation
The range-topping Nissan Pathfinder ST-L also features:
- Heated wing mirrors
- Fog lights
- Electric lumbar support for driver’s seat
- 4-way electric front passenger’s seat
- Heated front seats
- Leather-accented seats
- 13-speaker Bose sound system
- Self-dimming rear view mirror
- Auto levelling LED headlights
The range-topping Nissan Pathfinder Ti also features:
- 20-inch alloy wheels
- Motion-sensitive electric tailgate
- Memory settings for driver’s seat
- Heated rear seats
- Remote engine start
- Three-zone entertainment system with wireless headphones, and HDMI and USB ports
- Auto-dipping wing mirrors
The 2020 Nissan Pathfinder V6 has capped-price servicing for the first six years with regular costs limited to between $290 and $502 depending on the model and the service.
The Pathfinder Hybrid model varies between $275 and $462.
Required servicing intervals are every 12 months or 10,000km, whichever comes first.