The 2020 Mazda CX-30 is available in eight variants with pricing ranging from $29,990 before on-road costs for the G20 Pure to $43,490 before on-road costs for the range-topping all-wheel drive G25 Astina.
Going on sale this year, the CX-30 is slots into the gap between the CX-3 and CX-5 crossovers.
The car’s unusual name comes about because the CX-4 badge is currently in use by a crossover “coupe” sold exclusively in China.
- 2020 Mazda CX-30 G20 Pure (FWD): $29,990
- 2020 Mazda CX-30 G20 Evolve (FWD): $31,490
- 2020 Mazda CX-30 G20 Touring (FWD): $34,990
- 2020 Mazda CX-30 G25 Touring (FWD): $36,490
- 2020 Mazda CX-30 G25 Touring (AWD): $38,990
- 2020 Mazda CX-30 G20 Astina (FWD): $38,990
- 2020 Mazda CX-30 G25 Astina (FWD): $41,490
- 2020 Mazda CX-30 G25 Astina (AWD): $43,490
All prices exclude on-road costs.
If you are thinking seriously about buying the Mazda CX-30, be sure to first research the actual prices people are paying at dealerships recently at PriceMyCar.
The 2020 Mazda CX-30 G20 models come with a 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine with 114kW and 200Nm.
For the G25 models there’s a 2.5-litre four-cylinder engine with 139kW and 252Nm.
All G20 models are available in Australia in front-wheel drive, while the G25 variants can be optioned with all-wheel drive.
A six-speed automatic is standard through the entire CX-30 range.
The 2020 Mazda CX-30 2.0-litre uses 6.5L/100km on the combined cycle.
Step up to the 2.5-litre front-wheel drive and consumption increases to 6.6L/100km. The all-wheel drive versions drink 6.8L/100km.
The 2020 Mazda CX-30 measures 4395mm in length, 1540mm in height, 1795mm in width, and has a 2655mm wheelbase.
Weights for the Mazda CX-30 start at 1442kg for the 2.0-litre front-wheel drive models, rise to 1467kg for the 2.5-litre front-wheel drive models, and top out at 1544kg for the range-topping 2.5-litre all-wheel drive variant.
The Mazda CX-30’s boot has a luggage capacity of 317L with the rear seats in place. If you take underfloor storage into account boot space is between 422L and 430L.
The CX-3 has an ANCAP safety rating of five stars, with scores of 99 per cent in adult occupant protection, 88 per cent in child occupant protection, 80 per cent in vulnerable road user protection, and 76 per cent in safety assist.
All CX-30 models are fitted with autonomous emergency braking, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic alert, adaptive cruise control with stop/go, lane-keeping assist, traffic sign recognition, rear parking sensors, and dusk-sensing headlights with automatic high beams.
The base model Mazda CX-30 Pure comes with the following standard features:
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- 7.0-inch multi-information display
- Electric mirrors with auto folding
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Air conditioning
- 8.8-inch widescreen infotainment screen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Eight-speaker audio system with Bluetooth
- DAB+ digital radio
- Satellite navigation
- Push button start
- Blind spot monitoring
- Dusk-sensing headlights
- Automatic high beams
- Lane keeping assist
- Adaptive cruise control with stop and go
- Rear parking sensors
- Traffic sign recognition
- Autonomous emergency braking (front and rear)
- Rear cross-traffic alert
Moving up to the Mazda CX-30 Evolve and you’ll gain:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- Dual-zone climate control
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and gear shifter
- Paddle shifters
- Rear centre arm rest
- Overhead sunglass box
The Mazda CX-30 Touring adds:
- Front parking sensors
- Auto-dimming mirrors
- Leather seat trim (black)
- Electric driver’s seat with memory settings
- Illuminated vanity mirrors
Move up to the Mazda CX-30 Astina and you’ll also enjoy:
- Surround-view camera
- Adaptive LED headlights
- Driver monitoring
- Front cross traffic alert
- Heated front seats and steering wheel
- Electric tilt-and-slide sunroof
- Frameless rear view mirror
- 12-speaker Bose sound system
- Electric tailgate
- Driver monitoring
- Cruising and traffic support
All models except the top-of-the-range Astina can be optioned up with a Vision Package, which includes cruising and traffic support, driver monitoring, surround view camera system, and front cross traffic alert.
On the Pure and Evolve models, the Vision Package also includes front parking sensors.
The 2020 Mazda CX-30’s base services are priced between $315 and $365.
Maintenance is required every 12 months or 10,000km – whichever comes first.