The 2020 Mazda BT-50 is available in 26 variants with pricing ranging from $29,060 before on-road costs for the 2.2-litre XT cab-chassis manual to $63,250 before on-road for the 3.2-litre Boss dual-cab.
Launched in 2011 before facelifts in 2015 and 2018, the second-generation BT-50 accounts for 10.8 per cent of the 4×2 ute segment, and 4.3 per cent of the higher-volume 4×4 ute sector – where the Toyota HiLux and the Ford Ranger, the BT-50’s platform mate, have a combined share of almost 50 per cent.
2020 Mazda BT-50 XT:
- 2.2-litre single cab, cab chassis 4×2 manual: $29,060
- 2.2-litre single cab, cab chassis 4×2 Hi-Rider auto: $32,260
- 3.2-litre single cab, cab chassis 4×2 Hi-Rider manual: $32,260
- 3.2-litre single cab, cab chassis 4×4 manual: $40,280
- 3.2-litre single cab, cab chassis 4×4 auto: $42,280
- 3.2-litre freestyle cab, cab chassis 4×2 Hi-Rider manual: $37,430
- 3.2-litre freestyle cab, cab chassis 4×2 Hi-Rider auto: $39,430
- 3.2-litre freestyle cab, cab chassis 4×4 manual: $44,470
- 3.2-litre freestyle cab, cab chassis 4×4 auto: $46,470
- 3.2-litre dual cab, cab chassis 4×2 Hi-Rider manual: $39,260
- 3.2-litre dual cab, cab chassis 4×2 Hi-Rider auto: $41,260
- 3.2-litre dual cab, cab chassis 4×4 manual: $46,010
- 3.2-litre dual cab, cab chassis 4×4 auto: $48,010
- 3.2-litre dual cab, ute 4×2 Hi-Rider manual: $41,100
- 3.2-litre dual cab, ute 4×2 Hi-Rider auto: $43,100
- 3.2-litre dual cab, ute 4×4 manual: $47,840
- 3.2-litre dual cab, ute 4×4 auto: $49,840
2020 Mazda BT-50 XTR (3.2-litre only):
- Freestyle cab, ute 4×4 manual: $51,110
- Freestyle cab, ute 4×4 auto: $53,110
- Dual cab, ute 4×2 Hi-Rider manual: $45,900
- Dual cab, ute 4×2 Hi-Rider auto: $47,900
- Dual cab, ute 4×4 manual: $52,950
- Dual cab, ute 4×4 auto: $54,950
2020 Mazda BT-50 GT (3.2-litre only):
- Dual cab, ute 4×4 manual: $56,830
- Dual cab, ute 4×4 auto: $58,830
2020 Mazda BT-50 Boss (3.2-litre only):
- Dual cab, ute 4×4 auto: $63,250
All prices exclude on-road costs
The 2020 Mazda BT-50 is available with two engine options.
A 2.2-litre four-cylinder turbo-diesel with 110kW and 375Nm is available in the single cab 4×2 cab chassis XT and XT Hi-Rider models.
All other models are powered by a 3.2-litre five-cylinder turbo-diesel with 147kW and 470Nm as standard.
Both engines can be paired with either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission.
The 2020 Mazda BT-50 2.2-litre diesel uses 8.0L/100km on the combined cycle when fitted with a manual transmission, and 8.6L/100km hooked up to an automatic.
The 3.2-litre five-pot uses 8.9L/100km (manual) and 9.3L/100km (auto) in 4×2 models, and 9.7L/100km (manual) and 10.0L/100km (auto) in 4×4 variants.
The 2020 Mazda BT-50 measures 5365mm to 5373mm in length, between 1703mm and 1821mm tall and 1850mm wide, with a 3220mm wheelbase.
The BT-50 has an ANCAP safety rating of five stars.
Standard safety features include a reversing camera, hill-start assist, roll stability control, and trailer sway control.
Unfortunately, autonomous emergency braking isn’t available on any model.
The Mazda BT-50 XT comes with the following standard features:
- 16-inch steel wheels (alloy wheels dual-cab)
- Electric windows and mirrors
- Air conditioning
- Cruise control
- 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Reversing camera
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Steering wheel audio controls
- DAB+ digital radio
- Hill start assist
- Roll stability control
- Trailer sway control
- Hill descent control (4×4)
- Locking rear differential (4×4)
Moving up to the Mazda BT-50 XTR you gain:
- 17-inch alloy wheels
- Dual-zone climate control
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Satellite navigation
- Rain-sensing wipers (dual cab)
- Auto-dimming rear view mirror (dual cab)
- Polished side steps (dual cab)
- Chrome door handles, mirror caps, rear bumper
- Leather steering wheel and gear shifter
The Mazda BT-50 GT adds:
- Heated wing mirrors with auto-folding
- 8-way electric driver’s seat
- Black leather seats
- Sports bar
- Tub liner
- Remote tailgate lock
- 12V socket and light in cargo box
- Privacy glass
For the range-topping Mazda BT-50 Boss there’s also:
- Black 17-inch alloy wheels
- 6-speaker Alpine sound system
- Black wheel arch extensions
- Black side steps, sports bar, grille, handles and mirror caps
- Boss decals
The 2020 Mazda BT-50’s base services are priced between $419 and $517.
Maintenance is required every 12 months or 15,000km – whichever comes first.