The 2020 Ford Transit range consists of several van and cab-chassis variants, with prices ranging from $50,690 before on-road costs for the Transit 350L van to $57,190 before on-road costs for the Transit 470E Jumbo Van.
- 2020 Ford Transit 350L manual rear-wheel drive van: $50,690
- 2020 Ford Transit 350L manual rear-wheel drive two-door cab chassis: $51,690
- 2020 Ford Transit 350L automatic front-wheel drive van: $53,190
- 2020 Ford Transit 350E manual rear-wheel drive Jumbo Van: $54,190
- 2020 Ford Transit 470E manual rear-wheel drive four-door cab chassis: $55,190
- 2020 Ford Transit 470E manual rear-wheel drive Jumbo Van: $57,190
A high roof is a $1500 option on the 350L vans and standard on the Jumbo Vans.
All prices exclude on-road costs
All 2020 Ford Transit models are powered by a 2.0-litre turbo-diesel four-cylinder engine producing 125kW and 390Nm. It’s mated to either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission.
All automatic Transits are front-wheel drive while all manual Transits are rear-wheel drive.
Ford doesn’t publish fuel economy figures for the Transit range.
The 2020 Ford Transit measures 5981mm long in 350L van guise, 6704mm as a Jumbo Van, 6579mm as a Single Cab cab chassis and 6404mm as a Double Cab cab chassis.
Height also varies depending on the model. 350L vans measure 2541-2543mm tall with the regular roof and 2780-2782mm with the high roof, 2790mm tall as a Jumbo Van, and 2205-2214mm as a cab-chassis.
All Transit vans are 2112mm wide and all cab-chassis models are 2111mm wide.
The current generation of Ford Transit has yet to be tested by ANCAP.
All 2020 Ford Transit models come standard with autonomous emergency braking with forward-collision warning and pedestrian detection, as well as lane-keeping assist, lane-departure warning, traffic sign recognition, anti-lock brakes, and front, front-side and curtain airbags.
Van models also feature blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert.
All 2020 Ford Transit models come standard with the following features:
- Adaptive cruise control
- Reversing camera with front and rear parking sensors
- Heated front seats
- Single-zone manual air-conditioning
- Power windows
- Remote central locking
- 8.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- DAB+ digital radio
- Four-speaker sound system
- Automatic headlights
- Rain-sensing wipers
All 2020 Ford Transit models require servicing every 12 months or 30,000km, whichever comes first.
Ford offers capped price servicing. The average service cost over five years is $488 for manual models and $503 for automatic models.