Mercedes-Benz Australia has recalled its two biggest SUVs, the GLE and GLS.
Although there are two recall notices, they both relate to the same issue with the air-conditioning.
“Due to an installation issue, the air conditioning drain hoses may not have been installed correctly and may result in condensation leaking into the vehicle’s interior,” Mercedes-Benz Australia says in both recall notices.
“If condensation leaks into the vehicle’s interior, this may cause a short circuit which can lead to a vehicle fire and various electrical function errors,” the recall says.
Those features include emergency call, unlocking and starting, and active engine limp home mode.
- A total of 221 vehicles are included in the first recall
- A total of 3392 vehicles are included in the second recall
- A VIN list of affected vehicles in the first recall notice is attached here
- A VIN list of affected vehicles in the second recall notice is attached here
- The first recall notice is attached here
- The second recall notice is attached here
Mercedes-Benz Australia will contact owners of the affected vehicles and advise them to organise a free fix with their nearest dealer.